I’m running
Version 3.56.0 (647)
on a
MacBook Pro 13" M1 2020 (Mac OS 11.0.1)
Magic Mouse

Select spline
Click-and-hold to add a control point
No resulting control point.

Doesn’t work with either the mouse or trackpad.

Interesting, I can’t reproduce this. What do you mean by click and hold? With the mouse you just simply click to add control points.

The trick is, for now, you have to select the spline tool, before you can add the control points. So you have to select the spline tool in the tools menu, and then long press on the spline to add the control point.

Adding a point on does not work on a spline generated by offset, which is a problem. At least not by long mouse press on Mac.
Can this be fixed in coming versions?

Hi,

Offsetting generates control point splines at the moment, for which control points cannot be added.

Instead I would suggest using move + copy, which keeps the fit point spline type, and you are able to add new control points.

Too late for this object :slight_smile: why don’t you make it an option if one would like to offset by copy or as control point spline? Is a control point spline even necessary to have? The regular spline seems to be the same but superior?

In many cases, a spline using fit point only could end up with hundreds of fit points, which otherwise could be defined by a few control points. It could result in unwanted edges when extruded to 3D, and also needs a lot more processing whenever any transformation is made with that part. Long story short, each have their uses and advantages / disadvantages.

You still got me into a dead end there. Just saying, its your program.

(post deleted by author)