Spline not following like the tutorial

Hello, I’m struggling with the spline tool, in the mouse tutorial, after doing the back spline of the mouse, I try to do like the tutorial and add a new spline, but it take the last spline point and it deforms the first spline instead of making a new control spline from scratch… how can I fix that please? I didnt find any option.

Whazt the tutorial shows

What I get:

Hello! Just select the control point at the upper end of the vertical line and break the spline like in the video below:

1 Like

thank you for the tip, thats very helpful, but I want the spline to behive exactly like in the tutorial without having to break it each time, I want it to be a new spline each time I draw one and not affect the previous one, I’m wondering how you manage to get it on the tutorial, because on my ipad Pro I cant have the same behavior and it is very confusing when you are a beginner.

thank you

Hi,
The tutorial was made in an older version of Shapr3D which had different spline input options. At that time, you had to press the Pencil towards the screen to place a new control point which was unfamiliar for many users and we decided to change it to a different, currently applied method. We had to introduce the button to break the spline as a result of the updated workflow and there is no way to change it to the old method.

1 Like

Oooooh :star_struck: kay, I see, makes sense.

In that case you should probably make New tutoriels using the New updated software because it’s very hard to follow the tutorial without being lost every minute, I swear, it’s what currently happened to me, it’s been three days that I’m on this tutorial and I have barely managed to build half of the construction.

That would be great to have newly updated tutoriels that works with the courrent versions if the software, that would probably save a lot of Space on the forum questions hahha

Wait what is the updated method? Because force touching the pencil still works for dropping a node when drawling a spline curve — what am I missing here ???

Hi,

You can find the updated spline tutorial in the app and longer ones on our youtube channel:

Sometimes we have to change previous behaviour, but re-recording all the Youtube tutorials, in many cases made by external designers and engineers would take a huge amount of time and investment.

The in app tutorials are always kept up to date.