Control points not working

Creating multiple control points by pressing down on pen will not work it does one then nothing. I’m a beginner sure it did it in tutorial then now it will not work

Hi @Hannibalprojects Welcome to the Forum.

From what you are saying please double check you have the set up the correct choice:

I.e., Sketch > Spline > choose the Control option

Don’t try too hard to create the Spline that you want, treat this in a relaxed way to acquire the technique and get the feel of creating a Spline Control Point.
Whatever hand you use draw a gentle curve with one steady sweep.
When you feel ready select the Spline tool:

Press down on the Pencil Tip until you hear and see the Control Point ‘effects’.
You can lift he Tip off the Surface and repeatedly make contact again and press down to repeat the effect of the Control Point being created.
This should soon enable you to create a Control Point when it is needed.

Next start as if drawing a Line or Curve keep steady contact between Tip and Screen Surface, use your new found skill to press down to create a Control Point at any time you wish.

When you release the pressure on the Pencil to continue across the Screen ensure you maintain good contact between the Tip and Screen.

Most importantly relax and have fun, use your successful Splines and experiment by moving the Control Points.

It would be great to her how you progress, happy S3Ding.

Still only allowing me to create one control point on a line
So I’m unable to draw a basic S line to follow tutorial

@Hannibalprojects
It is worth checking that you have the latest version of Shapr3D.
When updates are released often there is no indication until you visit the App Store.
Search for Shapr3D, click on the Title Area and then look to right of the screen for Version History. Click on the Blue Version History and note the latest version [3.48 as at 03 September 2020].
Then hit Back to return to the Shapr3D information page.
At this point often Open has been changed to Update
To double check you have the latest version, open Shaper to begin a Design, click on the Gearwheel in the bottom righthand corner of the Screen.
Verify the version Number.

You could try visiting Settings > General > Shut Down > Power Off.
After a short period restart the iPad.
Then revisit the problem.
This often resolves glitches like this.

Assuming that the setting producing the result you are experiencing is when using the Control option, have you tried using the Fit option?

1. Does the Control Point make a sound and display a small Blue area around the Pencil Tip when you press down?

2. If you lift the Pencil off of the Screen before placing it down again are the expected sound and Blue area being produced?

3. When you experience a Single Control Point being created:

Does this happen at the beginning of the Line before attempting to draw a Line?

or

Does it happen after drawing the first part of the Line?

Updated to 3.49
Answers

1. Yes but only once on each spline created
    2 yes
    3 starts line hard press once sets control point continue line hard press. Nothing

@Hannibalprojects
If you have attempted a Restart and have the latest version of S3D, now v 3.49, then you need help from the S3D Team. Usually they would have chimed in by now.
Hang in there.

Had to cancel subscription no resolve on issue :pensive:

@Hannibalprojects
Very sorry to learn about your predicament.
If you still want to use it and have S3D loaded hit the More Icon [3 Dots under your Post, to the right]
Then hit the Flag and choose Something Else and ask for help on the basis of ensuring functionality before purchasing a licence.

Did you switch to spline mode? Previously the spline was included in the line/arc tool. Now it’s a separate tool. Also you can try to lower the required pressure in the settings menu.

Could have something to do with pen pressure sensitivity. Seems to me I saw something about that. At first I felt like I had to really press hard to get the control points to “click”. Now it seems better, maybe since update.

Hi, it happens the same to me. I assume that @Hannibalprojects was using an original apple pencil, which is too expensive for me. I am using a NILLKIN Crayon K2 IPad Stilus in an iPad 6th with iOs 14.5.1 and Shapr3d version 4.1.4 (1166).

And to try to solve this in the cheapest way I am thinking in buying a USB camera adapter to plug a wireless emitter and use a wireless mouse for control points and the stylus at the same time. Is it a good idea?

Finally. I am a newbie and when I tourch the screen appear the blue dot and I can hear the click at the starting point and then at the first control point but then a lot of purple lines an crosses and many things that I don’t know what they mean appear. I cannot find documentation about it

Finally…finally. I would like to find a way in the setup to chose splines by defect, because after the first spline curve is made it changes to line automatically, in spite that most of the times you can read above: Spline mode

Hi Istvan
I think this is the root cause of the issue. The apps draws a first curve and then goes on in straight line. There should be an interferience betwen the two modes.

Hi @VKing2021, let me please answer your questions in the following:

1. The Spline tool works well only with the original Apple Pencil (both generations). The reason is the resolution of pressure sensitivity that is required for Shapr3D. I think this is the main problem in this case with the spline tool.
  2. If the iPadOS can recognize the device connected via the USB hub, then it will be fine to control Shapr3D. Please note that the mouse & touch hybrid may not work properly as Shapr3D is designed to be used with touch UI or mouse & keyboard.
  3. The purple lines are the sketch guidelines. They act as a virtual ruler to help to find parallels, perpendiculars, virtual intersections, etc. You can turn them on/off anytime :slight_smile:

Hi
Thank you, but again it is still a mistery that works well only in the first curve
Regards