STEP file from Fusion 360 performance issues

Hello,

I am new to CAD and 3D modeling in general so let me preface by saying: Geometry might be the culprit here.

My model in Fusion360 was made with parametric history on and it’s simple enough in its purpose but was made with my own invented workflow with 50 sketches and 30 bodies all smashed into one body with no parts/features/components unless of course the model itself is considered one of those.

Exporting out to STEP and importing into Shapr3D I see a import load time of <5-10mins. That’s with a 5.7MB STEP. Now once loaded everything is smooth navigating, menus, etc. until I try to manipulate any face or edge with an extrude, offset, chamfer/bevel. Soon as something changes the load starts for another 5+ mins. So something is certainly wrong with my file, and wanted to see if anyone wants to try it and see if they experience the same behavior.

Testing a few other STEP files of similar size and they load up fast and are responsive.

Here’s a link to the file I’m struggling with: SBR2_15_SERVO_V1_1.step - Google Drive

Also I am running on pretty old hardware:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
1.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
MacOS BigSur 11.6.2

Glancing around logs in console for shapr3d and saw this:

Jan  6 02:07:31 gangsterHOTLINEs-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: application<com.shapr3d.shapr(501)> [21346]
Jan  6 04:00:58 gangsterHOTLINEs-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: application<com.shapr3d.shapr(501)> [21346]
Jan  6 04:29:33 gangsterHOTLINEs-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: application<com.shapr3d.shapr(501)> [852]
Jan  6 04:57:43 gangsterHOTLINEs-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: application<com.shapr3d.shapr(501)> [852]
Jan  6 05:18:45 gangsterHOTLINEs-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: application<com.shapr3d.shapr(501)> [852]

Thanks for any assistance! And if this is just a case of peasant hardware or I somehow crossed nurbs curves and calculus’d my file then shame on me. But maybe it a bug plaguing dozens of us running on 2013 Macbook Airs that your dev team can finally mark off the kanban board.

BTW Love your software. It’s stellar.