STL exports double size of design

I’ve had a few issues when exporting to STL (both standard and high quality) and OBJ files. So in trying to find out what’s going on I tested a couple of things and here is what I found out…

First test
Cylinder 30mm diameter, 50mm height → Cura slicer imports at 60mm diameter and 50mm height (the height was preserved properly, but size was doubled)

Second test
Cube 50mm x 50mm x 40mm height → Cura slicer imports properly at 50mm x 50mm x 40mm height

I’ve tried this simple shape on a couple of programs and the problem persists with Shapr3D only, something as simple as TinkerCAD exports properly sized Cylinders at the correct size in Cura.

Is this a known bug? I’d like to work on a 3D print design that involves a cylinder and can’t seem to get past this issue.

Hi!

In the app we currently use radius, not diameter, and probably that’s why the first test seems to fail. We will implement the option to choose between radius and diameter, but we don’t have a release date for it yet.

Looking forward to the radius/diameter option. I’ve gotten used to specifying diameters with other CAD programs.