Subscription and two computers?

So it is web-dependant then in other words? Ok.

I feel a bit wiled every time I have to re-evaluate due to taxes. In this case you’re getting near the cost of Fusion360 which unfortunately like Onshape is cloud-based. So…please tell me why I can not be on two devices at the same time.
By the way, I am not running a business. Please stop thinking that people run a business just because they want to use a modeller.

P.s Richard Vanderhye of law firm Nixon&Vanderhye, Washington D.C. called me almost 30 years ago to tell me personally that my patent had passed and he had not heard of a patent being issued within 3 months.
That he said was due to the paper work and drawings I had prepared for them beforehand, drawings from pencil and paper.
I have always dreamed of software like Shapr3d to express my ideas and please go figure from what I’m saying that peoples ideas at grass-root level is always …
A company is and shall be a product of people who have gotten the best of assistance in their pursuit, a company is not a prerequisite.

For crying out loud, you don’t think people know they can deduct taxes?

Let me add that I just started a subscription and tried on both Ipad Pro and Surface Pro. I moved my .shapr file with a sd card and I currently have app on both devices working simultaneously.
Please, fill me in. I’m not looking forward to loosing because I have to figure things out myself.

I do understand that the file is device resident and wonder if that is what you meant by the issue of working on two devices.

Yes, this is what I said in my first comment. Mobile+desktop combinations work at the same time currently.

You see, my frustration is based on hazy information. There are differences between Win n IOS. Take for instance just the simple fact that once clicking on subscription in IOS VAT is added, a simple issue like that.
Having Shapr3d through Apple app store also means that no log-in is needed, hence my question once I started using Windows. I would like to hear that my files won’t be stored elsewhere in the future, it is always an integrity issue involved for many of us.

Please excuse me, I have gotten used to walk around with my foot in a tin bucket and ramble loudly to get people to light up and take questions seriously unfortunately. Thanks for better support than most other instances behind competing products. :+1:

You do have to log in with you Shapr3D account on every platform.

I’m not sure if I understand this question correctly, but we will have cloud sync soon across devices, and it will be optional.

I meant log on in Ipad seems to be auto through using Apple-id.

I really meant Cloud yes, but if you say it would be optional I really like to hear that, thank you.

By the way, using now on both the Surface Pro n the Ipad Pro I see why I like this product even more now. Having the large display/monitor, trackball mouse and the keyboard plus my 3d-printer in one place makes this a desktop “workstation” and having the Ipad makes it a “Notebook” for use any time I want to pick it up and jot as ideas start flowing. :+1:

This is really getting to where I wanted to be back in mid 90’s with my Cadkey n 486. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I work on my Ipad Pro or my Macbook Pro depending on what part of the design process I am in or where I am physically can determine what device I work from. Having to constantly sign in and out is annoying. Couldn’t I just assign my devices to my subscription the same way my Adobe account does?

I also go between my Mac and my iPad. I think that the system where you can go between two computers is a standard in the industry. Sometimes I’m using my desktop machine if I’m recording instructional videos, other times I’m using my laptop. Then I might switch to my iPad when I’m going to hang out in a café or a coffee shop. I shouldn’t have to log out every time that I switch devices. We pay enough for the software, we should be trusted to use it in a way that is ethical. I think you will find that people who are willing to pay that much money for subscription are inherently trustworthy.

We have changed the multi-device logic quite a while ago, if you are running the a recent app version, you shouldn’t get logged out as long as you use less than 4 devices. Let us know if it still happens.

1 Like

Not from my experience, speaking of CAD-industry the top dogs, which still relay on on-premise-software and local licensing (without named-user-licenses) allow only one activation per license.
That is of course a different story with software that phones home regulary and / or has named-user-licensing (what is something I personally dislike for good reasons).

But as Lacy already stated: no problem with S3D - I am using 3 devices perfectly fine, without any log-on hassle.

Cheers Matt

1 Like

Being able to use Shapr3D on devices is pretty decent. A lot of more expensive similar type programs only allow two devices, and make one jump through hoops getting there.

1 Like