'Looks like your account was used on a different device earlier'

I own two iPads, and I use Shapr3d on both of them, not at the same time, but on the same day usually. Every time I open Shapr3D on a new one, it displays the error message, and I have to re-login.

What is the reasoning behind that behavior? Why can I use Shapr3D on Mac and iPad simultaneously, but not on two iPads? It is still just me, one person with the same AppleID.

Also, it seems that App store guidelines clearly state that if I own an app or a subscription, it should be available on all of my devices.

I propose to make these restrictions softer so that they will not irritate normal users.

3 Likes

The philosphy we follow here is that for one user we allow to use Shapr3D on a mobile and a desktop device simultaneously. Same for Windows. The subscriptions are available on all of your devices, but not simultaneously. This will be even stronger enforced once we will have data synchronization implemented to avoid conflicts. We can improve the sign in flow though to make it easier to sign in again.

I do really appreciate your answer, Istvan. Why should there be re-login every time? Maybe this may only be shown if shapr3d opened on two devices simultaneously?

We can improve the sign in flow though to make it easier to sign in again.

That would be great as well — so that at least 1Password would know which username/password to propose, right now I have to search for Shapr3D login manually.

4 Likes

Yes that’s a fair point, we will definitely need to improve this flow. 99.9% of our customers are using Shapr3D on a single iPad or mac or both, it’s rare that someone is using two iPads. But we will have to improve this flow anyway.

Istvan, I use two different iPads, so I don’t have to travel with them between work locations. FaceID within the app would be awesome! One iPad is in the shop area, which is dusty, saw dust, etc., whereas I keep the other one in pristine condition at my home.

2 Likes

99.9899% then :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With Atom3D I have to go to their website and de-register/remove a machine and then add a the other machine. I will never ever, EVER give them another dollar of mine(.)

2 Likes

Hello everyone! We just upgraded over here to a 12.9 pro from a 7th gen iPad and planned also to keep the older one in the shop and the new one as dust free as possible

I haven’t yet logged out and tried the 12.9 before backing up for fear of data loss. It reads like this hasn’t been much of an issue, though!

For what it’s worth, having access on two mobile devices would be helpful and maybe a MacBook would have been a better investment than another iPad, for that reason

Super excited to try this out, love the software and appreciate the forum a lot! You guys all rock!

1 Like

There is an app for windows ? I’ve been using Blender for the last 6 months till 2 weeks ago when I discovered this app for my iPad Pro. I’d love to be able to use it on my PC too.

Very soon: shapr3d.com/windows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you, I’ve signed up to the beta, I put company as hobbyist as I use the software to make 3D models for 3D printing on my FDM printer.

1 Like

I’m the same, I have my old iPad Pro fir dirty areas, new one for in the office. I stopped swapping because of the log in hassle.

It needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

Are there any news or plans for improving or changing this?

In my case, I’d love to be able to switch between my iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad, which are all distinctively different devices, however currently limited to only one macOS device (iMac or MBP) and one iOS/iPadOS device (iPad).

While I definitely get the idea behind the restriction, allowing a certain amount of devices vs. one desktop and one mobile would likely resolve this for a lot of people, myself included.
Alternatively, how about changing it so that it includes a single laptop, so one desktop, one laptop and one mobile device/tablet?

1 Like

You can use all the devices you want, just one at a time.

I use Shapr3d on 1 iPad but on 2 Mac Books and 1 iMac. Not simultanious but it is frustrating to get all the login messages (and cumbersome and not relevant).
You point out because of the synchronisation of cloud data. Valid but the login process must be redesigned to make it easier to flip between the different hardware.

This is a trifle annoying. I use my desktop Mac for most things, but to print or CNC I need to take the design to the machine, which means I need to use it the laptop when I am at the machine.

Having to reenter a password and sign in every time I switch back and forth is irritating and pointless.

If I used an iPad instead of a laptop, that would be fine, but with a desktop and a MacBook, its not fine. That is just weird.

I assumed when I was getting a subscription that would work on Mac & iPad that it would work on my various devices, not have a pointless limitation of which Mac I could work on.

So I hope you will rethink this.

I agree, we will need to figure out something better for this.

1 Like