Subtracting Portions of an Object

Enclosure 2.shapr (1.4 MB)
Can someone provide some assistance in teaching how to remove the cover from the enclosure. I have tried using the subtract but have not had any luck. The goal is to separate the top so a final object is an enclosure where the top can be removed. Thanks in advance…

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what you wish to do. I took a look at the model and the cover is separate so should be easily removed.

You can define a construction plane where you want the top cut off and then perform a Split Body operation.

The top is part of the original step file. It contains 40 parts of the enclosure and the top. The use of the Construction plane was the key. Many thanks for the replies.

1 Like

When I first read your post I read the question:
“Can someone provide some assistance in teaching how to remove the cover from the enclosure” so I assumed you wanted to remove the cover.

Further in the post I read:
“The goal is to separate the top so a final object is an enclosure where the top can be removed” so I was a little confused as to what you actually wanted to do.

Had I realised you wanted to remove the top part of the enclosure then I would have come up with several suggestions.