Unable To Remove Odd Flaw In Wireframe

I’ve somehow ended up with a small glitch in one of my models. It’s generally harmless, but is preventing me from adding (union) a boss to the main part. Here’s a picture of the glitch from the inside of the model:

And here’s how it appears on the outside:

I can’t find any edge in there to grab / edit. I’ve tried replacing the surface with no results. Anyone have any idea how it got there and if there’s some way to edit / delete those lines?

Can you add a couple more views of the outside?

I have gotten around this by taking a cut out of that area by extruding a shape perpendicular to the long face of the model and then highlighting one of the new faces of the new cut area and dragging it closed.

1 Like

That was a very sensible approach :+1:

Yep. Here you go:

Interesting! I’ll give that a shot.

Another thing you can try is to delete the outer chamfer. Then delete the inner one if possible. If all good, the add the inner chamfer followed by the outer.

Another thing is to add a construction plane perpendicular to the area in question then do a section view and zoom in. Maybe there is an internal anomaly there.

I’m curious, is the anomaly visible with zebra analysis turned on?

No luck slicing it out then healing. I’m able to snip out the anomaly, but I can’t then heal the body - no matter what I do I’m left with a sliver of a gap.

1 Like

@TigerMike - I created this by lofting a custom sketch. The finger-grip curves are all made using the chamfer/fillet function, but the back curve was structured from the original sketch, not a chamfer.

I’m a bit surprised there’s neither a function in Shapr3d to detects / corrects anomalies, nor any means of manually editing the wireframe elements (lines) of a solid.

Here’s what I get with “Show Hidden Edges” enabled:

Do you still have the original sketches and guide rails for the original loft?
If you re-loft does it appear immediately during the loft or after a subsequent operation?

Hey @falkenavionics,
Can you please upload the design with all the sketches and bodies? Following @NathanD’s idea, I’d love to check or even recreate the file.

If it is confidential, please feel free to send us by opening a support ticket using the link below:
https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Done. That link didn’t work (got a “permission denied” message) but I was able to create a ticket (#74114) from the Contact page. Please take a look and let me know what I messed up.

Thanks!