Can’t chamfer or fillet the simplest of objects

After trying a multitud of ways to solve this, I must say it has been impossible to chamfer or fillet a simple edge in an object. The chamfering/filleting tool has been working so irregularly and unpredictably that it ends up costing so much time trying to advance. Thank you!

Can you post a picture or a video of the issue?

Can you also share the file in .shapr format? If you don’t want to share it publicly, you can send it to support@shapr3d.com

We’re you able to do a fillet or a chamfer at the very begin of the session, the reason I ask is it looks like you have a double line selected. Try to zoom in as far as possible and see if you have a slightly double edge, if so delete one of them. Then try the fillet or chamfer. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you very much. Indeed, when zooming in “a lot” I realize that previous chamfer operation was not “undone” properly… I realize that it happens (to me) often, when trying to undo a chamfer or fillet. Is there a way to solve this type of dead-end in terms of chamfering/filleting, and then undoing them?

Hi, if there are remaining pieces of the un-chamfered faces, the chamfered face can simply be selected and deleted. If there is no remaining piece of the un-chamfered face, you should cut and extend the body to get to the un-chamfered state:

Thank you very much. I didn’t know I had such level of editing “control” on a body’s surface. I assumed the delete function for sketching only. Simply thanks. I’d been going around for hours trying to “undo” a chamfer/filet fully and correctly to apply later chamfers/fillets.