Using external monitor?

Any one has experience with, how it is to use external monitor to the Ipad Pro when drawing in Shapr3D?
I am considering using Shapr3D as my only 3D program. Since I do not draw complex constructions.

Best
Anker

Greetngs,
I have used an external monitor with good results. I bought a ā€˜Lightning to HDMIā€™ adapter that worked well with my 2018 iPad Pro. Iā€™m sure you can get a ā€˜USB3 to HDMIā€™ adapter as well if you have a newer iPad Pro.
-Mike

1 Like

While I havenā€™t tried it personally, you should be able to mirror your screen onto a larger monitor to view your work. But the App requires the pencil to touch the iPad screen.

1 Like

Hi Anker, adding to the already suggested options, you can use a VGA or HDMI cable to connect your iPad to an external monitor to have a larger display.

Hereā€™s a great Apple article on how to go this using an HDMI or VGA cable:

1 Like

Thank you so much to all of you.

It sounds like it is possible to use an external monitor!

Do any of you know how far it is possible to see the apple pencil ā€œpointā€ on the external monitor, so that it is easier to navigate on the monitor?

You are welcome. AFAIK, the monitor displays what is visible on the iPad and shows all interactions.

If it happens that some edges are cut off or there is some interactions not visible, this can be resolved by adjusting the monitorā€™s display settings.

I think if you look in the accessibility settings you will find an option that turns on where you touch and tap on the screen. I donā€™t remember the exact name of the option so you will have to look.

To to Settings, and scroll down until you see the Shapr3D app. Then choose Tutorial Mode. You ā€˜ll need to restart Shapr3D for it to become effective.

Thank you so much, I will try thatā€¦