What will happen when I re-enable sync

A file I’ve been working on wouldn’t upload even after several restarts but I work on ultra-tight deadlines. I had to disable auto-sync to get back to work. That’s not that big of a deal, at least temporarily, but now I wonder if when I renable auto-sync, will it delete all of my new files because I have a ton of new files on my Mac (the device I’m working from) compared to my iPad Pro. That is, will it view the Mac files as dominant and keep all of them, and download them automatically on the iPad next time I open Shapr, or will it view the iPad Pro as dominant and wipe out weeks of work.

Hi,

If there were no changes on both devices, the newest model is kept. If there were changes on both devices, they will get into a conflict, which you can resolve in the app. If a project didn’t exist on one device, it will get synced to it. There is no “dominant device”, everything is based on projects and their last modification time.

Also, please open a support ticket with the name of the problematic file which didn’t upload, we can check what was the problem. https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks Laci_K, you were totally right. I got the underlying models fixed so I could save again and everything has been re-synced.

1 Like

Happy to hear that :slight_smile: