Why is default view always backward

+1 for the third angle projection option.

2 Likes

Me too for third angle. It’s convention for architectural drawing.

Any updates on when this will be implemented?

I’m used to 1st angle projection but the default view is rotated from what I’m used to. I should be able to see FRONT, top, and left.

Am also waiting patiently for this fix… You are not alone!

Best,

Tommy

Seems there is a call for the option of both 1st and 3rd projection standards.

As a teacher in the UK, I would love the option for 3rd angle projection which is the industry standard in the UK ( I appreciate that it is different in the States). It makes the orthographic views very difficult to interpret or use for my students. For me, the automatic ortho views function is one of the best features of Shapr, but this is somewhat negated by the lack of 3rd angle. Please add this as an option. Thanks.

Hello @Daveloveland! It is available, just choose the ANSI standard when creating the drawing.

2 Likes

Hi Peter.

Thanks for the info. I can not find this feature. I am using my IPad, and there is no moment at which I can select the ANSI standard? Am I missing something?

Dave

Hi,

You can select ANSI either when you generate the drawing, in the Sheet Size dialogue, or later once the drawing is already created, at the Drawing Preferences:

2 Likes

Is there a way yet to allow the user to set the default view?

Not yet, but we are heavily investing in drawings in the coming months, so expect new features to roll out soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallelujah - this has been driving me absolutely nuts. Trying to understand the logic of 1st Angle projection was just hurting my head, with all the mental gymnastics I had to do. This is such a relief. Knowing left is the left side, and right is the right side … phew!!

1 Like