Reset View (& Grid) Positioning

I cannot understand the rationale for the default reset view from a designers perspective.

In vehicle design, say an aircraft, there is always the concept of fore & aft. The pilot/driver looks forward (fore) and left and right is always designated relative to the pilot. In the Front view, you see the pilot’s face. In Back view the back of head. In Left view, the left side of pilot’s body, etc.

For the default reset view, the little cube shows Top on top; good so far. But Right & Back are given implying the opposite of convention. That is, the orientation of L/R assumes looking from Front to Back. This seems opposite to the way most people in the world think, including bus riders. I believe that except for some British Commonwealth countries we drive on the right side of the road. And the steering wheel is on the left side of the car. Thus, this is the left side when facing/viewing forward.

So I would expect the cube to be Top/Front/Left instead of its current Top/Right/Back.

This actually befuddles my mind; that is, I can’t mentally compensate.

Could you explain your rationale and maybe I can think differently? Or better yet, put in a Prefs item to swap R/L to good old L/R?

Thanks,

Tommy

7 Likes

Yes, please!

1 Like

Agree! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Amen!

Best,

Tommy

Maybe it’s because this wonderful group of folks spend so many hours “behind the scenes.” :wink: