Dimensions at 3D objects

Hello

I not found a simple way to see the dimensions at a 3D object. (Like in 123D Design). Is only possible to see it in sketches?

Hi,

No this is not possible, because in Shapr you don’t build up your designs from primitives. However, in a few weeks we will add measurement tools, that will let you check any dimensions of a shape.

Being able to see the measurements in an overlay would be amazing. I am using the app to design structures with dimensional lumber and it is difficult to fully use without seeing the final measurements.

We are wokring on it :slight_smile:

Hi! Is this still ina working on it state? What I need to do is show the size of something when the drawing is printed so I have a reference for later or when printing out a cut list for my piece (woodworking)

Thanks
R

We have prototypes for this, but we are not sure when is it going to be released. Hopefully in a few months.

Is this ever going to become a feature? It’s very frustrating to not have the ability to show measurements for printing or screenshots. It would also be nice to add text.

Shapr3D is a modeler, not a layout app.
However, in the last version, there’s a powerful “infobox” when you select a line, a surface or a solid. Pretty powerful.