1:1 2D print of 'front view'

Hey there

just per the topic… have my 3d model of a quite thin (4mm) item. I want to get a print out I can paste on to cardboard and cut out to have the ergonomics of it verified by the eventual users. Seems like a fundamental kind of facility, but I can’t see how to do it. I’m conjecturing I could export it into an Autodesk offering and try there? (and to be candid don’t have much expertise there either).

Hi - great question and I don’t think you can do it with Shapr3D. Will add this to our list.

Depends on the size I guess, but you can always 3D print it :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: assumes access to a 3d printer, and as you say, one of suitable size.

OK, if anyone knows a suitable path for exporting and importing into something else to print a 1:1 plan/cutout, I’d be grateful :slight_smile: when I work something out, I’ll drop an answer here.

How big is it? If you can get it on a big screen, just screenshot it and go from there on a large format printer, if necessary. You should be able to scale while printing to get near actual size. Hope this helps.

Best,

Tommy

Import a step-version to Rhino and print from there. Rhino have a free demo version (both Win an Mac).
From the McNeel site: “Try this full version for 90 days. After 90 days saving and plug-ins stop working, unless you buy a license.”

Philip