5.220 - Stunning renders with Depth of Field

Depth of Field is working great! Here’s a short video of a rack, and I touch each prong, from front to rear, and it changes focus. Sorry, I didn’t turn on finger taps.

Ensure you have selected Appearance tab in Visualization mode.

3 Likes

@Istvan After some rather intensive use (and abuse), a wicked headache, and an awful eyesore (tweaking is much too addictive)… I’ve gotta say it’s a monumental advancement compared to the prior “non-DOF” build.
Nonetheless, I wish the focus area marker could remain at least 2 seconds longer onscreen.

When tired, I either drop dead asleep or forget where my focus point was, especially if/when it’s a minor adjustment (not meaning that it’s of minor significance)!

1 Like

Yes, DoF takes Visualization to the next level.

1 Like

glowing rendering of objects, and whether the gospel of lamps can come.渲染可以发光的对象。是灯的福音吗?灯的福音。e 物体的发光渲染,事实上,我最期待的是物体可以发光。

@Istvan it’s exactly like what you get with a real camera (and it gives an idea of what we’ll be able to get with the coming Apple headset and proper LiDAR use :nerd_face:)!

Oh yeah, it’s perhaps a little off, but when I mean camera, I mean professional cameras, like the ones I use:
RED

Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated and I’m not advertising!

There’s a killer editing software part coming with each. Worth a bit of your time, believe me!
Here:

https://www.red.com/learn

DSMC2 is a tech beast. The release of camera brains using it was the biggest earthquake in the field! And there I’m seeing a lot of shared tech with Shapr3D!

What about 2-3 more seconds on screen? Almost forgotten!

And our fellow here is asking about “glow”, if my understanding of mandarin is not off. Or is it “self-emitting”?

Ah, that’s it:

“In fact, what I expect most is that objects can glow.”

Wait, DOF is there and people are asking for glow and more?

How are you guys catching up with such an insane amount of requests?

1 Like

Working very very hard. :slight_smile:

You’re much too humble!

The results are there. When you promise, you deliver plus you look like having a blast in the process. It’s infrequent nowadays, folks laboring that much, that hard, on ambitious things… and relishing it!

Outstanding! :+1:

I love this feature…. It helps a lot on my design presentation, worth what I paid the subscription, great work Shapr3D team!!

1 Like

Bonjour,
Effectivement, ,maintenant que je maitrise bien l’outil profondeur de champ, on peut sortir des images magnifiques. J’ai eu du mal à maitriser l’outil, je cherchais quelque chose de plus compliqué alors que comme pour tous les outils sharp3D, c’est la simplicité qui prime.
Merci à toute l’équipe pour l’ajout d’outils indispensables tout au long de ces derniers mois, qui nous aident à travailler plus efficacement à chaque fois.
Ne changez rien, vous êtes les meilleurs.

1 Like

It took me a while to understand how to invoke the depth of field feature.

I know where the settings are but was unable to actually see any results.

I then discovered that (on the MacBook) you need to two finger tap to invoke the feature.