5.370 - 2D Drawings title block layouts

This release adds a top request for our 2D Drawings feature:

• New: Choose from a selection of layouts to customize what information is shown in your title block and how it is laid out on your drawing.
  • Improved: 2D Drawings preferences have moved into the sidebar, allowing you to easily access and tweak different options.
  • Improved: Visualization will automatically select a more natural orientation for materials to help you easily get even more realistic results.
  • Improved: Sketch mode now automatically opens when you select sketches from the same plane.
  • Improved (Windows only): Now you can see construction lines and images when Section View is enabled.
  • Fixed (macOS and Windows only): We eliminated some issues when using the SpaceMouse Camera navigation mode.

Try out these improvements and let us know what you think.

18 Likes

That sounds great

Titleblock implementation was a waste of time, for as it is still unusable for the most part. I prefer to be able to use our title block which complies at least with relevant standardsā€¦ this is like Microsoft would program itā€¦ugly as hell and mostly useless without lots of tweaks.

Among other still the worst date format of all mm/dd/yyyā€¦ Why? We are sitting in Europeā€¦ preferences are your friend, give us at least a way to set the format to our liking!

If this is all you come up with since about two years then itā€˜s pathetic.

Sorry, but this is nothing to be proud of!

Rainer

I understand that the current implementation is not satisfying your requirements. However just because we release a feature it doesnā€™t mean that we will not add more functionality. When we release something, we do it because it will already make many of our users happy. Also please keep the tone of the discussion constructive.

10 Likes

I appreciate the changes that you are making for updates. I know this is difficult work, I appreciate all the work from the Shapr3D team.

I noticed tonight that after the .370 update, my wood table legs can be shown with proper grain direction on all four sides. Thank you! It looks great.

However, I wanted to update on a couple things I noticed.
When I go to the AR mode, the legs revert back to the wrong grain direction.
I am also not able to get the end grain to flip directions on a basic rectangle, as would be seen on a shelf on my table.
I know you are actively working on this wood grain directional control, I am just letting you know what I am experiencing with my models.

Thank you for all the great updates you have made. I just paid for my second year of software use. I am looking forward to the great things to come, including improvements for wood grain direction support and control.

Respectfully submitted,
-trey

6 Likes

The last couple of years Shapr has jumped leaps and bounds. (Last year was insane.) Looking forward to this years Showroom Events! (Maybe looking through glasses this year? :eyes:) Thanks as always for the great updates, Love from Peru!

5 Likes

@HarryElDinosaurio if you think last year was insane, just wait for the rest of this year :sweat_smile:

There is still a lot of work in the pipeline for Drawings, the shift to the preferences sidebar will also give us a home for more of these smaller formatting preferences which we will be rolling out incrementally. There is more to come on Title Block layouts too.

Meanwhile feel free to also change the date format manually to your liking.

date

6 Likes

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I think that Shapr3D does not use the ā€œdouble tapā€ feature of Apple Pencil 2, does it? Iā€™d like some preference setting (maybe disabled by default) where us users would have the choice to assign some shortcuts to it. For example, I thought about what I would consider as the most useful behavior for it, and Iā€™d love to be able to quickly enter/exit Sketch mode just with a dual tap on my Pencil!

Really impressive! Itā€™s very good and powefull software, thnx!

Lovey to see progress on the 2D drawings.

One thing I have been really hoping for is the ability to show parts of a drawing as a detail. For example, I have a section through a building but only want to show the detail of part of it. I still need to include the rest of the structure to show context but then it runs off the page which gets in the way of any title block and only allows one detail per sheet.

New Drawing 7.pdf (703.1 KB)

1 Like

My other really big request is being able to update the model and change which objects are included/excluded in a drawing without having to start all over with all the dimensions and notes.

Itā€™s not uncommon to to have many iterations of a design which requires updates to the plans. Sometimes even the smallest change then requires redoing several drawings. This is the main reason I still just use the Shapr drawings as a background to hand drawn plans in Concepts.

Which makes me think of another couple of changes that would be good to see, which is the ability to turn off the hatching in sections and to be able to choose line thickness in pdfs outputs. Both of which would make the pdfs more useful.

Thanks again

2 Likes

I would like the ability to resize the dimension text. Sometimes the dimensions are just too small to read. Also, let us change the color of the dimension text and lines. Itā€™s easier to differentiate between the part lines and the dimension lines.

Istvan for me Shapr3d is fantastic , and now that you mention that you would add more functionality , please take a look at this video from another great design software and their recent announcement about CamStudio

We need something like that
Who should I send a check to ? :grin: :sweat_smile: :innocent:

Any chance to have the option to have the revision table vs not? I like the Block layout because I can add additional information that Iā€™m having to add each time, but now I can do it nicely, but that revision table takes such a chunk of space.

Definitely in the right direction!

1 Like