5.440 - User interface refresh

Where did the size of the grid go? Used to be in the top right corner…

Hey - in the current version we don’t display the grid size, but based on early feedback we have already started working on it.

Upcoming releases will display the grid size dynamically right where you control your Views and snapping options.

6 Likes

I notice the undo/redo buttons also in your screenshot…

Is this the proposed position for undo/redo in the upcoming releases?

Is there a reason why these can’t be placed in the bottom left corner to facilitate more ergonomic two-handed operation on the iPad?

Finally, are there any plans to do anything with the “Top Toolbar”… at the moment I think this is a bit obtrusive on the iPad.

2 Likes

Those are not the undo redo buttons. When you click on the orientation cube’s corner, you’ll get these two controls that will rotate the camera by 90 degrees. We don’t plan to move the undo redo buttons for now. Have you tried using the system default three-finger swipe gestures for undo/redo?

1 Like

Thasks Istvan,

Of course they’re the rotation buttons, I thought it seemed an odd position for the undo/redo! :face_with_peeking_eye:

I don’t typically use the gestures but I’ll give it a go.

I guess we’re all just creatures of habit and the new UI is going to take a little bit of getting used to. At the moment I just find myself going to the corner to undo before realising it’s now moved.

Maybe I should actually just make less mistakes and do more ‘right first time’ so it would be less of a problem :rofl:

When switching back to Modeling UI from Visualisation UI, there lacks of an “Modeling” icon. What I have to do is click the Visualisation icon and then a big side menu appears showing only three icons. It’s not convenient at all.

Couldn’t the modes switching icons group just appears directly?

1 Like

Istvan just wanted to say that I think the latest User Interface upgrade is great and I am sure the Parametric upgrade (which I am testing now) will be a big improvement also. Keep up the good work.

Thank you

6 Likes

Great to hear that you like it! :pray:

It’s indeed an additional click compared to the previous version, but we wanted to create a space that will become home for many functions that we’ll add in the future and it wouldn’t be possible to provide a direct button for each without cluttering the interface. You can already use it access your drawings directly, for example.

If you do want to switch between the spaces directly and quickly, one good option are keyboard shortcuts. After you switched once over, you can use the same shortcuts you’d use to switch between tabs in Safari and other browsers, ⇧⌘[ and ⇧⌘] (or Ctrl + Tab on Windows, but based on the screenshot I believe you are on a Mac). Unfortunately our documentation about this seems to be incorrect, but we’ll fix it soon.

Tried out the new visual refresh. It’s… I guess nice? (just feels different… not necessarily better)

I’m 100X more excited to have folders, which I understand is imminent :+1:

3 Likes

At first glance I thought the grid was gone altogether. Once I figured it out and played for a few minutes with an existing project, I decided I like the new look.

2 Likes

Hello, guys, congrats on the great release. You rarely see an interface update that looks so good and at the same time does not break existing workflows.

I’ve noticed that with a slide-over app on the left side, the left bar icons become a bit difficult to tap. It seems this region could benefit from slightly larger padding or similar adjustment.

1 Like

Hi,

You can tap the names of the tools too, which helps in this case :slight_smile:

I really did not like the undo/redo in top middle of screen. The 3 finger swipe is a life saver.

2 Likes

I can’t stand all kinds of problems in recent versions. I draw a slightly more complicated sketch and operate all kinds of jams on the complex model page, and the efficiency is completely reduced. Can I revert to version 5.3?At present, only iPad is used for modeling.

1 Like

So far, it is the sixth year to use shapr3D software, and I am a little disappointed by this time. IPad uses shapr3D to know shapr3D, and iPad uses shapr3D to have fun and insists on using shapr3D. Now the development has involved the beginning of each platform, so I will pay attention to the optimization of equipment and constantly add various functions. The ultimate goal is to be able to optimize, not to develop for the sake of developing versions. A 14-day version is not the stuck version I hope, but to optimize the smooth version. In the past, the iPad was used, and the complicated model had no pressure. Now, the complicated model is stuck. It is hoped that developers will stick to their initial intention and really find the design and development direction oriented to iPad, instead of catering to the development applicable to all platforms. Otherwise, the use of iPad will be meaningless.

3 Likes

Hi,

We didn’t see any performance degradations, and running performance tests every day. If you have a specific issue with a model, please open a support ticket, and we can investigate if there is indeed some kind of a problem.

It will be very helpfull to see the actual grid size directly when changing this. The new refresh user interface is very nice! Good job!

3 Likes

Thanks for the great update - I love the cleaner new interface!

To make it even more cleaner, I won’t mind an option for “Icons only” - so no show of text labels beside it. Just a thought…

1 Like

It’s already implemented, you can find it under Settings. :slight_smile:

2 Likes