5.460 - Base and Projection views in 2D Drawings

Having said that, I do acknowledge that Shapr is not really geared towards architecture. I like using it for my work and as I work solely from the iPad, it’s my best option for now. And it is improving all the time.

On the iPad, we gained projections but seemed to have lost the ability to add a part/object to a 2D drawing. Or am I not looking in a new place?

Hi Larry,

The option is still there just moved to another place. You can find it when adding a new base view. If you click on the orientation badge it will offer the possible base views for selection and there you will find the button to change which bodies should be added as a base view.

1 Like

Am I missing something here? I can’t seem to select the base view and move it or any of the projections around like is shown in the demo.

I can’t delete views from a drawing either.

Also have lost the ability to select views and show hidden lines. This is infuriating, as the previous setup worked really well for me. I’m sure the new is fine but nothing I do, (include making sure Shapr3D is updated) seems to work. I’m stuck now unable to produce drawings for client to sign off on! I can’t even undo any change as I’m trying to work this out.

Hi Phil,

If you double click on the view you would like to edit the same options will appear as previously. To double click on a view hit a line or point on the view twice.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we are still tweaking this flow and with the release coming early October we will make view creation and dragging a lot simpler needing just one click, so stay tuned :wink: