5.600 - New automotive Visualization materials

This release further expands your material options in Visualization.

• New: Give that final exterior or interior finish to your automotive models with new car paint, leather, textile, and plastic materials in Visualization.
    5.600-visu

Give this update a try and don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comments down below. :arrow_down:

5 Likes

I’m always happy about new materials. Also about the option to add my own surfaces at some point… :wink:
The same goes for images as backgrounds or even spheres, so I can save myself “the trouble” of using another program for visualization (Cadmio/Stager).

1 Like

Great for car designers. Can architect’s and interior designers be next for some material attention. I keep complaining, cos it’s embarrassing apologising when my materials are all wrong Cos there arnt enough types, when showing my designs.

2 Likes

Perhaps adding in a “import image” to the material section to modify an existing material, like a tile-able image that could be applied to a surface would be a solution (maybe not perfect). Could even work with the current system of sliders to scale textures to get it somewhat accurate and probably the easiest workaround without having 10s of thousands of materials in a library.

eg: using a gloss material but adding in an image of marble that is projected, or a specific fabric image applied to a current fabric material, stone to the “asphalt” material, etc etc.

1 Like