5.140 - Sketching and Visualization upgrades

Hi Shaprs,

When sketching gets upgraded, everyone wins – that’s why our latest release packs a number of improvements that boost the first step in your Shapr3D workflow. On top of that, a brand new set of materials for Visualization are added:

• Improved: Sketch snapping now works even smoother.
  • New: Visualization receives a number of new materials: Silver, Titanium, White Gold, OSB, Granite, and Asphalt. We also tweaked the majority of the existing materials. (iOS and macOS only)
  • Improved: With major general stability improvements all over the app, we eradicated most of the frequent crashes. (Windows only)

Let us know how you like the new & improved stuff!

7 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your relentless pursuit of perfection.

I was just wondering if it’s possible to include Galvanised Steel to visualisation in future updates?

Shapr3D has changed my life, keep up the great work.

Sammy

3 Likes

We keep adding more and more materials with every release. I think at some point we will add galvanised steel as well.

How did we change your life? :slight_smile:

Hi Istvan,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

For years I’ve had countless sketches of design ideas that comes to my mind, and for years they were stuck on papers.

Right up until I came across an ad for Shapr3D on my instagram feed. At first I thought it was one of those fake ads where the actual app is no where near what is actually shown, but the ad looked so interesting I had to click on the link.

I was blown away when I realised that the ad reflected exactly what the app was all about.

I downloaded Shapr3D and started playing around with it. It only took me a day or so to get the hang of it and immediately started working on a retractable spa cover that my sister wanted but no one was able to come up with a solution.

Fast forward 2 years, I now have started my business manufacturing these covers and just installed my first ever sale a couple of weeks ago.

So yes, Shapr3D have changed my life :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Oh wow, that’s amazing :slight_smile: I’m really glad to hear that. These are the stories that keep me going :slight_smile: Congrats for your business, good luck!

How do we orient the grain of the wood finishes, finishes in general

Colors of stain for wood finishes would be nice

Stains of color for concrete would be nice too

Please

Shapr3D has definitely been a game changer for us!!

Thanks again!

Hi,

Also interested in how change the direction of the grain on wood effects. I build bespoke toy boxes and shapr is brilliant for giving clients a visual view of the design as well as the plans for the builds. Being able to render views for them with “real wood” would be the icing on the cake.

OSB is a great new material. Which then made me think that Pressure Treated would be cool. Which then made me realize that if you could apply a tint to a wood material (like pine) you could create your own Pressure Treat color, but also custom tinted wood stains.
That would add a lot of versatility to wood and other textures.

1 Like

Quick sketch for a client and AR photos - took few hours to make it from scratch, but result is nice and idea is sold.

5 Likes

Hi there,

Great to hear your always improving functionality further - will check the features

• but so far, i have found one thing still very annoying, even after all the changes
  • when you resize a vertical dimension of a square for eg. in sketching and its a big object, you need to zoom in to verify the fitting of the changed dimension with other objects
  • now while zoomed in the handle for the change of the vertical dimension on the horizontal line is out of sight, as it is always centered to the total size of this line
  • and this is now out of sight due to the higher zoom level…

my proposal would be to always place the handle relative to the middle of the visual part of that line, not to the absolute size

this would be a great help for the daily routine, love to see that in the near future.
Thanks for your efforts

rgds, Mike

3 Likes

I agree. It’s incredibly frustrating.

2 Likes

Hi! Could you include Pie-shortcuts?

Sincerely

Is it possible to allow images to also be rendered in Visualization? Or is it possible to decal them onto an object?

Not yet, but at some point we would like to provide this option. There is still lot to come :sunglasses:

Whens materials going to be avaibke on desktop?

They are available on mac already, the Windows version is in development. :slight_smile:

Is there any forecast for the implementation on windows?

Open beta will start soon (there will be a post about it here on the forum :wink: ), the release date will depend on the results of that :slight_smile:

1 Like