More materials, refined selection and reflection in new beta

Another batch of Visualization improvements are here:

• New materials are added to the mix (anodized metal, copper, walnut, mahogany)
  • Selection is now running smoother
  • Reflections are flashier than before

Let us know if you miss materials!

8 Likes

Improving for every update :slight_smile: My 500 parts Lego file seems to crash the app though :sweat_smile: It might be because all the lego parts have multiple Lego logo on every part.

6 Likes

Hi Daniel,
I would like to have more fabrics to choose from

best regards Robert

2 Likes

6 Likes

Just wondering how do I get the different backgrounds on the rendered projects like soe of the others posted.

Thank you

1 Like

For now, simply build them in Shapr :slight_smile:
Later we will add full fledged mesh environments.

5 Likes

Please add pitch black and light as materials :slight_smile:
And thank you for the other materials. Anodised metal was a must :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be great if we had more options for ground materials. Floors, sand, soil, asphalt, grass etc

2 Likes

Great point, can you please share an example of where you would use these

I don’t have anything specific in mind, just in general.
For furnitures wooden/stone/vinyl floors, for vehicles asphalt/soil/mud/grass but these are also good for houses or buildings. At the moment if you want something under your model for shadows you can use only the same materials.

1 Like

Please add liquid material. Is it possible to make the real rendering of materials in AR like visual materials appear in front of us in the future?

1 Like

Yes, materials in AR is a possibility, and we have it on our roadmap (albeit nor prioritized at the moment).

What sort of liquids would you like to have?

3 Likes

The liquid materials needed are: water, coffee, milk, red wine, beer, juice of different colors, etc.

2 Likes

I would like to improve for architecture modeling, they have often garden, courtyard, site of the residence…so we’ll happy if they join to Shapr3D :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would really love to see plywood edges for furniture etc…. So there is a face with the face veneer, but the edges show the striped nature of plywood.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just chiming in to tell that I’d love to have the same materials available, plus fluids!
Be it water, oil, mud-like… a bit of spice can’t harm.
On a personal level, those would be for artistic work without any production in mind, as well as much requested presentations of my work in a “natural and lifelike” environment.
That said, I just got a friend to try out Shapr3D. He’s an urbanist and landscape designer, so I guess I’m “speaking” on his behalf.
More seriously though, landscape design and eco-friendly urbanism are quite the rage right now, and they will probably not be/stay hype only. In other words, whatever you can find in a city, a garden, a forest, near a lake (or in a lake) will be asked for. Better be ready early, no?

Edit: just thought of abalone inlays for guitar fretboards. Either natural or synthetic, greenish, bluish, greyish or full white! Sorry if it’s a bit off-topic, but since we’re talking materials…

1 Like