5.620 - Merge History steps

Greatly improve your workflow with these new updates to Design History and Visualization.

Design History updates:

• New: Now you can merge history steps with just a single click to remove dependencies between bodies and sketches.
    5.620-merge
  • Improved: The Project tool now has a new option to project sketches without retaining a connection to their origin, allowing you to make further edits on projected sketches.
    5.620-project
  • Improved: The Project tool can now project items into an existing sketch.
  • Improved: The copy badge now has the option to create multiple copies.
    5.620-copy
  • Improved: The gizmo center of the Move/Rotate tool now adjusts more effortlessly during consecutive transformations.
    5.620-move-rotate
  • Improved: Sketches snapped to a face center point now create a connection, allowing you to keep your sketches snapped when modifying earlier History steps.
  • Improved: Circle center points now snap to holes, giving you more precision in your workflow.
  • Improved: The Items Manager no longer displays red text notifications for invalid bodies.
  • Fixed (iPadOS only): Constraint badges are now more spread out on the iPad, ensuring they’re not in your way when sketching.

Visualization updates:

• Improved: Your recently chosen material filter now remains selected when switching between different spaces.
    5.620-material-filter

• Improved: The “Used Materials” list now only displays the materials for visible bodies, making it easier to work with isolated bodies.
    5.620-material-hidden-items

Try these new updates and let us know your experience in the comments below. :arrow_down:

17 Likes

Thank you for your very quick response, which surprised me.I don’t know where you work? Is there a big time difference? It’s 9:00 AM Beijing time. Haven’t you gone to bed yet? Really dedicated.
Also, maybe I misunderstood, I thought it was a YouTube video because I can’t use a YouTube video link in China. Now found that the original gif picture, has been loaded out, I do not know whether the network speed reasons, led to the slow loading of the picture

New : Now you can merge history steps with just a single click to remove dependencies between bodies and sketches
it is able to auto,without click every steps?

1 Like

Nope. Have to do it every once in awhile manually. And depending how many steps can take a bit of time.

I don’t see this version being available for the ipad yet. Does the ipad release lag behind the PC release? I checked in the app store but get no update. I’m running 5.603.0.6875. I thought shapr was an ipad first app or used to be. Thanks.

No. Go to the App Store, open the app’s page, and tap on Update.

Very useful improvements, especially all related to sketching. I thought that there should be an easiest way to get rid of all the unnecessary sketches w/o destroying the whole model.
Thank you very much!

Does this issue allow turning off Parametric?

No, it’s still there until you collapse history. Then it does delete any parametric ties to the body negating it. Just have to do it every once in awhile, it’s not an on/off switch. More like throwing history in the trash bin.

1 Like

This is a really good way to communicate your new updates. Glad I stumbled upon it. Think it will improve my workflow a bit. Definitely moving in the right direction now, and performance has been a lot more stable for me on my computer. Actually getting some work done now.