Advice for iterating on a design (editing model)

I’ve been modeling a parts tray, but I’ve made a few mistakes. A couple of the slots are too short, and I’d like to raise most of them. I could go back to the sketches and rebuild the part, but that would be a lot of repeated work. What tools should I be looking at to alter/edit/improve an existing model?

Very helpful video, thanks!

These techniques are working for a few simple things, but a lot of the manipulations I attempt are rejected by saying that the resulting body would be invalid. Alas. But the video is really good nevertheless!!

Hi
If you have complex filets, deleting some of the filets can be necessary to be able to edit a shape.

We can only help with your specific problems if you take pictures or videos and share the file.
Then we can find a solution directly to your problem.

The image I posted has four recesses on the right-hand side, meant to hold drill bits with collars and similar hardware. I’d like to raise two of them by 1/4 inch and another two by 3/16 of an inch.

(I’m unclear how to include the image in the post itself; the best I can figure out is a link.)

1 Like