Any way to hide video tutorials while designing?

The video tutorial pop up at the top of the screen is always getting in my way. Is there a way to hide this or temporarily remove it from the UI?

There should be a close button on the video if you tap on it.

Sorry, I don’t mean the actual video, just the pop up at the top. For example, I know how to draw a line already, it gets in the way and I have to zoom out and back in around it while drawing.

Ah, I see. No, you can’t hide that unfortunately. I am assuming you are working on a smaller iPad? Maybe we should implement this differently for smaller screens.

Funnily enough, nope … using this on the 12.9 iPad Pro. The reason for the real estate is largely because the drag handles for a sketch are always in the Centre of the sketch line (which is a bit of a gripe of mine) and therefore If I’m trying to line up an edge, I have to zoom way out to get to the grab handles but then I lose the smaller scale which means less accuracy when dragging handles. Ideally the adjustment grab handles should always be in view no matter the zoom level and not in the center of a sketch line.

1 Like

Interesting, this is great feedback, thank you. I’ve sent it to our design team for consideration.

1 Like

Second this. Just started using this app heavily. Please provide an option to turn the auto training hints off. In addition to the resize handle issue a similar problem is that they get covered by dimension labels forcing a zoom in to be able to grab the manipulators. Small annoyance that crops up constantly.

1 Like

On it. We are kicking off a hackathon next week, and one of our teams are is going to work on this project.

1 Like

Hi,

This little frustration will make me reconsider continuing my subscription when it ends.

I have subscribed to Shapr3d because it is the best App for iPad, but because of this frustration I switched to the Mac, but every time I have to do a Sketch and that pop-up window covers the place where I want to draw… I can’t take it anymore.

Hi, that’s not a tutorial video, but a button that you can press to switch to 2D view while sketching. It should not look like this though. Are you using Shapr3D on a very small (<800 width) screen?

Thanks for answer. It’s the hint to start a video tutorial, a popup help, call it whatever, I don’t know. If this is not the right place let me know where I can post this. But the fact is the same. I’t is annoying.

I have a Samsung wide screen monitor 48,5-inch (3840 × 1080). I just cropped the screenshot.

Thanks

Insee, thanks. Can you post a full screenshot? Again, this should not look like this, this is a bug. What macOS version are you on? Can you share system information?

Full screenshot

Thank you! I don’t think that we are testing Shapr3D on super wide monitors, probably that’s causing the issue. We’ll look into this, thank you for reporting the issue.

Mac OS version

macOS version is even more likely to cause the issue. Can you upgrade to the latest version?

Hi,

I have some audio plugins for music production that I that is not compatible with latest releases. But in any case, we are circling the same fact.

Even if you have the latest version of MacOs, with the perfect monitor and all the perfect environment for the application to work properly, this window cannot be removed.

Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help.

It can’t be removed, because it’s a button that implements important functionality. We can’t remove buttons. If you click on it, and switch to 2D view, the button will disappear though.

We’ll look into this issue, but it’s very likely that the old macOS version is causing the problem.

I have an iPad M1 and it is the same.

I’m not complaining the the popup text is wrapped, I am complaining about the possibility to completely hide this feature with the only functionality of guiding new users about how to use the tools. Nice, but when you know how to use it, then becomes annoying.

It’s like to force someone to use a bicycle training wheel for ever.

If this training wheels are mandatory and cannot be removed, ok I get it. So I don’t have any more options that reconsider this app only for this. No worries, I’m a single user!

Thanks anyway for be there. At least the support is a 5 star.

Regards

It is not a tutorial, but a button, implementing 2D switch feature. Can you share a screenshot of your iPad?