Disable tool-tips and video suggestions on iPad

Hi.

I am unable to find a way to disable the tool tips with tutorial suggestions on the iPad app.

I have been a paying customer for a couple of months, but still the app informs me that, for example: “Spline. Create a spline by drawing a line and pressing down with your Apple Pencil to create control points along it” - along with a thumbnail of a tutorial video, each and every time I select the tool.

The option to Send Usage Data under “Data settings” was turned off when I started using the app. There is a text there that says that if I enable “Send Usage Data” that “we can learn what tutorials you prefer”. Well, I enabled it for a period, and watched the videos, but they still appear all the time.

The feature uses up screen space and is, for me, calls for attention that are distracting when using the app.

Best regards,
B

3 Likes

We’ve just fixed this, and it will be released in a few weeks. You will be able to turn off the tips.

3 Likes

@Istvan Hi there, did this ever ship? I can’t find out where to do it. I’ve been using Shapr3D since 2018 and it’s really annoying to be told how to do the most basic things every time I start a new document.

Yes, it did a long time ago. Maybe we are not referring to the same thing? We never displayed tooltips for new documents.

In relation to this tooltips. If shown the media player on iPad stops playing.
My assumption is due to some tooltips can playing small videos.

Perhaps this can be fixed, too.