How to get rid of tutorial videos?

Ive gotta be missing something… I’m only using an 11” iPad Pro so the screen space is valuable and seeing the same tutorial permanently plastered at the top all the time is a bit distracting. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Mike, there is an X in the upper corner to close these tutorials.

I know how to close the tutorial once its started, how do i get rid of the box at the top of the screen that tells me there is a tutorial for something? I don’t see an X on that

Mike, I apologize for misunderstanding your question. Would you please send a screenshot of what you are describing. I’ve attached a screenshot of my screen, after having opened a training video and closing it.

Once you click Sketch every tool shows a tutorial pop up

Mike,ok. Now I think I get it. Are you concerned about this little window at the top, circled in red, or the video that plays if you touch this window?

Yup thats the window… circled in Red, sorry for not having a better explanation of the question.

Yeah, I don’t know how to make that go away. I have a larger iPad, and wasn’t even aware of it, until this. Now it will no doubt bother me…! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, that can’t be removed, and thanks for the feedback. I have passed on your feedback to the product team.
We keep the tips video around as we want users to have as much as possible a hassle-free learning journey when they first start using the app.

1 Like

Just to add to the confusion, sometimes I ignore them the first time and wish later to have watched them, so if they were to go away and never come back that would be a problem for people who either don’t watch, or don’t remember …

Thanks Victor, I can’t imagine it’s an issue for full size iPad users but on the 11" once you have layers window exposed things get a little tight. I would suggest a simple toggle to turn off hints or something in the settings menu some place? Appreciate the help

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I will also pass it on to our product team.

I’m back, as I’ve seen positive improvements.

Any chance the layers window could be transparent like the menues, or maybe even movable, to not block too much of workspace.

Something that would also give me a huge kick would be to have a “move-coordinate-pop-up” where the specific coordinate/coordinates could be editable. Instead of drag the arrows I could just enter the specific value/values when marking the center as an alternative to dragging.
Would this be of interest?

Yes, agreed, I’d like an option to shut these off. They also interrupt playback of any video you have playing in a minimized window every time you pick a tool. Annoying if you’re listening to something while working.

2 Likes

Please make this happen!

2 Likes

I would like to have an option to have these pop up or not as some mentioned before.
I find these tutorials useful but the lack of space is bothersome for an 11” iPad.

1 Like

I like the idea of a turn off option but would much prefer if each tutorial came with a check off function when you’ve read the pop up enough and don’t need it anymore. I still like them there for functions I’ve yet to become familiar with.

1 Like

+1
A global switch for live tutorial suggestions is the way to go. Many apps have it.
Especially since you have such a well organised and populated room in the App dedicated to them too.

God yes, please give us the option to get rid of these, or turn them off. Some of the tool tips are quite large, covering almost 1/3rd of the horizontal screen, and 10 to 15% of my screen real estate on the iPad Pro. It’s super helpful the first time you are learning, but by day 2 it’s shoving stuff in your face that you clearly already know. Yes, I’ve clicked on the Line tool a hundred times in the last model - I know you click between two end points. I just paid $200 for this thing - please let us turn it off.

2 Likes

I honestly thought that maybe this was a bug and report it as such before finding this thread and see now that it’s intentional. I’m just trying out Shapr3D, trying to decide if this is a tool I want to give a decent chunk of change to and got really annoyed by the tutorials that I can’t seem to get out of my way. The line tutorial for example - it’s fairly straightforward, so after the 20th time, you’d think someone wouldn’t need the tutorial for it anymore (or at the very least be given an option to make it unobtrusive)?