Appearance - Shaded Surface Without Edges

Hey Guys,

Since it’s my first post on the forums, I’ll start with that:
Absolutely brilliant work on Shapr3D. As elegant as powerful, congrats!

As I was concepting, I was looking at a way to hide the edges in order to inspect my design and its surfaces. It’s something I do regurlarly, to take step back if you like.

I’ve found the function to hide the edges in the Screenshot room.
Although it’s great to be able to do it altogether, I can’t help to think that a ‘Show/Hide Edges’ toggle would be at home in the appearance menu.
Shapr3D is built around an agile U.I. empowering swift actions and I’d say that this would be a nice little addition.

What do you think?

Cheers!

3 Likes

This would be a great feature for shapr3D. I know that hide/show available when exporting the design as a jpg or png, but i think it would be great to have the feature available when designing too. Please consider adding this feature in a future release? Thank you!

Hey @chrisbot, why do you need this feature? Can you help us understand the use case?

1 Like

Sure, thanks for replying so quick @Istvan. Hopefully I would be able to explain it well. So I’m a digital artist and i’m creating some of my drawings into 3D models using the awesome app y’all have created. Once I model them, I find it easiest to visualize the final model without edges, as the edges are too dark. It would allow me to quickly edit and visualize my designs without having to export them first.

Shapr3D already has a show/hide edges when exporting to PNG/JPG, so I figure it wouldn’t take that long to implement it this feature. Maybe if we have the edges off, and tap on an object to edit it, the edges appear again.

Again, I appreciate you and your team. Hopefully you’ll consider this feature. I’ve added one of my designs, meet chrisbot.

2 Likes

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, but why do you want to hide the edges when you are not in the Screenshot mode, but in the modeling space?

2 Likes

@Istvan So I guess in my case it would help me out when working on the final touches to my design. Mainly moving objects around, resizing, changing colors, etc.

2 Likes