Assembly - Tolerances - Title block etc

Hello Guys!

First of all I would like to congratulate for the idea and that you have started this software development. What we can use today under the business option it is working very well. But…
There are a lot of missing function:

• assembly tool
  • no tolerances, can not change the title box
  • simple 3D modelling features
  • etc…

When do you plan to improve the software with the minimum basic features for 3D modelling and drafting?
I’m asking that because you requested a really high price for a software which is (sorry for that) only 30% ready for real CAD work engineering point of view.
I really waiting for these improvements, because I would like to purchase this CAD software, but without these features for this price we have much more better option.
It would be great also if you can add for the Standard package the technical drawing and pdf export option. This could be a very big advantage for a hobby user.

Thank you in and keep it up!

3 Likes

What do you miss the most?

Sweep and hole (with thread options) command would be useful

Have you tried the Sweep tool in Shapr3D? What did you miss from it?

1 Like

Thank you Pascal, we’ve already collected these from your previous comments. We really appreciate your feedback.

Ohh, unfortuntely I missed, but now I tried and looks fine. Thank you

Great to hear that. For assemblies, have you tried the Align tool? While it’s not a “real” assembly feature, Shapr3D users often use it to create assemblies.

1 Like

Hello boss, I like shapr3d so much. Since 2019, I have applied it to my daily work. I have put aside the rhino UG. In the workflow, the component bom output and the 2D drawing need a more complete view and component. Material annotation and tolerance annotation so that my design can be implemented into production
I hope this part can be optimized. I have been waiting for a long time. I am already a big fan of you.

Hi @TKF , I’m really happy to hear that you like Shapr3D. We keep working on Drawings, and tolerances are a high priority item for the Drawings feature. We would like to deliver it later this year.

2 Likes

It’s good to hear work is being done on drawings. Is there a published list of the features which are being worked on? Tolerance capability is top on my list. Simple things such as changing title block and using multiple sheets for designs and aligning views also would help. I would like see your list if possible. Thanks.

Hi @molligdj , tolerance is on the top of our list as well, and will be delivered later this year. We don’t have a public roadmap, but you can expect a lot of improvements in drawings in the second half of the year.

4 Likes

This is a shooting equipment made with shapr3d this year. I am honored to be interviewed and reported by photography bloggers. happy to share.
https://m.weibo.cn/5476485501/4828201739881306

Always looking forward to the improvement of the tolerance labeling part