Black window bug

Generally I’m very pleased with the performance of the app in macos. I’ve only noticed one bug where at some point (can’t pinpoint when) the mouse will start leaving a trail of continuous black rectangles (their size is of the same as the pointer) and then the window will go completely black. Switching in and out (or out and in) full screen causes the window to refresh and all is good. It’s not very frequent, maybe once every couple of hours.

I have the same experience. Have a 16GB Mini. Seems rather random. I’m sure it’s not, but I can’t reproduce at will.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, could you give us the specs of your devices? Model, memory, OS version and app version would help a lot. Also if you find anything that could lead this behaviour with a higher chance.

Thanks!

Hi,

Here are the specs and version:
M1 Pro 14 MBP 2021, 16GB, 12.2.1 MacOs
Shapr3d Version 5.90.0 (2817)

I don’t know what triggers it sadly, maybe something I can do when it happens again to provide debug logs or something like that?

Thanks!

Sadly there are no debug logs for this one, but we will try to investigate.

Could you maybe upload a model which you know it happened with?

I think one of the times it happened I was doing the sample project (the clamp with rectangular base) on the Mac. I’d suggest you use it for a few hours and see. Is the Mac app native to Apple silicon or runs through Rosetta? I think it’s to do with apple’s graphics api as its only the inside of the window and going full screen or out of it causes the window content to be updated and repainted which fixes the issue.

We are running natively, but using Catalyst which has some bugs itself, maybe it’s related. We will try to catch it.

1 Like