I’ve just noticed the following bug/minor inconvenience when trying to rename the project in the top toolbar with the Apple pencil.
The observed flow goes something like…
- User taps project name, which invokes the text entry dialog.
- User is able to hand-write a new name, which is successfully converted to text.
- There is no obvious “submit” button, so user is left to tap somewhere else on the screen.
- User taps outside of the rename dialog, dialog closes but the name does not update.
- User must tap the name with finger to invoke on screen keyboard entry to rename.
- Pressing “Enter/Return” on the keyboard results in successful renaming of the project.
I may be missing something, but I’m not aware of a way to call the “Enter/Return” action with the pencil. If there is a way, please feel free to educate me.
Although this isn’t a show-stopper, it would be a smoother workflow and nice if the “Enter/Return” was invoked hand the name updated) when the user taps outside of the text entry dialog with the pencil, removing the requirement to invoke the on-screen keyboard.
Hopefully the linked video demonstrates what I’ve described above…