Can’t fill in gap in generated offset edges

Hi Larry - please allow us some time to investigate this. Probably we will need to tweak the tool a little bit, but I come up with a solution in the meantime

I’ve put a fillet on two edges. Please see picture below!

Offset the projected edges one, by one.

Would this be okay as an interim solution?

We will look into how we can improve the tool in the future

1 Like

Yes- that is correct. You have to export then import in order get one file into another.

1 Like

thanks daniel, i think that will work for now. will you update this ticket when you have a more permanent solution?

1 Like

hi daniel

finally had some time to keep working on it, but didnt get far… i’m hoping i’m missing something obvious.

i offset the edges piece by piece, as in this screenshot, but i cant select the areas between the outlines in order to raise/lower them.

tapping on an area between the outlines just selects the whole top - i want just the thin band between 2 outlines.

Hi Larry, thanks for getting back to us. Make a large zoom into that area between the outline and this will enable you precisely tap to select the area without selecting the whole surface. Let me know if this helps.

hi victor,

sadly that doesnt work. here’s a video of me trying to do that:https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business7/uploads/shapr3d/original/2X/e/eabc7ff039d892b26e8fdcbe2e54955c29a44c5b.mp4

Hi Larry, please can you send us the design file via support@shapr3d.com. We will further look into the issue and then get back to you as soon as possible.

i dont have pro. last time they enabled me for 1 day so i could export it.

You should be able to export and send the workspace now :slight_smile:

huh, nope. i tried quitting and restarting shapr3d, still wont let me export (still says ‘unlock all features go pro’ at the top)

Please try again, now

working now, thank you. here’s the shapr fileraise-track.shapr (436 KB)

This is a rather awkward bug (still in the process of reporting it to the team) - after a single edge offset of the edges of a complex face, some of the arcs and lines won’t snap to each other

1. double tap on sketch (this select all connected sketches), and you see some of the arcs are not actually connected

2.Tap on the point, you will see there is no disjoint icon, just the lock.

1. Move the line’s endpoint a bit further, than move it back to its original place - this way they will snap together. Please see attached video
    https://youtu.be/cknjwMRIXQo

2. This way the arc and line, will be joint - Repeat to all unconnected sketches

Sorry, about this experience, will report it to the dev team, and they will have a look.

1 Like

thanks daniel! really appreciate the quick response and the video is super helpful.

i’m nearly there but not quite… i can make the segments join up like you describe, but i still cant select one side or the other, it still selects the whole surface. hopefully this is just me doing it wrong with the pen. i’ve attached a video of me double tapping the line and it selects the whole thing. then i try to select one side or the other and it doesnt work. also attached is the shapr filesingle line but not separate surfaces.shapr (436 KB)

oops only attached the shapr, here’s the vidhttps://global.discourse-cdn.com/business7/uploads/shapr3d/original/2X/4/40f18c5232451c853c2d5fb3c2d2b76d67c22d3a.mp4

See pic - there was one arc - line connection that was not snapped

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like