Cannot align 2 items together

Hi
New to this app and gradually starting to get my head around the features.
One thing I seem unable to do is align two items together. When I select the 2 item to align they go blue then select a face I get the purple dots/lines. When I try to move it the dot does red and will not do anything. Looking at videos this should be green. Can someone advise me please

Hi,

Tried following these steps but when I try to drag over the dot is red not green like in the demonstrations

Can you take a screenshot or a video? I can imagine many things to go wrong :slight_smile:

Have 2 issues here as shown in video. Other is I cannot get the two images to join as only slide in increments of 10mm
I cannot upload videos as a new member

Regards

Mark Montgomery

1 Like

Try using the Align tool.

The issue seems to be that you select both the bodies. In the fist step, only select the one you want to align, and in the next step, the face you want to move, and where.

Thank you I will try this when I next go back to it.

One other question. Once the project is complete is it possible to get a breakdown of the parts/panels that are needed to be cut

Regards

Mark Montgomery

Currently we don’t have a cut list feature.
Best workaround for now is to create a flat body by the size of the plank you are planning to use, and align the bodies on top of it, and project them to the surface as a sketch. That sketch can then be exported as DXF or DWG to use for cutting.

Is this something that is due to be added as don’t want to be paying a large subscription to just be able to draw

Regards

Mark Montgomery