Can't copy rectangle sketch

Hey all,

I’m following this tutorial, but get stuck right away (at 0:55) when I have drawn a rectangle and need to copy that.
After drawing the rectangle I don’t get the arrows or copy badge. I looked it up in the Shapr3D tutorials, But I can not do this, I don’t get the arrow.
As an alternative I tried to copy the rectangle in 3D view, but than the corner of the board also gets moved.

I made a screen capture.

Cheers for any tips.

Hi Dr.

Possibly offset, (away from), the smaller rectangle from the larger rectangle? Then you should be able to move the rectangle with the Gizmo.

Thanks for your suggestion. But… I need to make a box joint, so it needs to sit in the corner.
I worked around it by using an offset plane and projecting that onto the board. I could have worked around it on various other ways.
Bur I want to know why the things I see in the tutorial does not work on my screen. I don"t want to work around ir for ever :upside_down_face:. Since I use it for woodworking box joints will come across often.

The behaviour changed slightly since that video was recorded.

Now you have the dedicated Move/Copy tool in the sidebar, where you can access the same options.

There is also Pattern tool available now, so in case you want the same sketch multiple times, that might be the better tool to use instead of multiple copy actions.

Yes! That worked. Thanks a million. That Pattern tool is really cool also. Used that in the old Sketchup days. Glad to see it in Shapr3D.

2 Likes