Circle constrained to line?

Sorry, struggling here … is there a way to make a circle constrained to a line that it’s not tangent to. I’d like to be able to move the line down (at the top) and have that move mirrored by a similar distance move down of the circle. Seems like there ought to be a way to do it but I can’t figure it out!

1 Like

Try selecting both the line and circle, then choose Move. Does that work?

1 Like

It does, I was wondering if it was possible to do this with constraints as in the model there are many circles and one line.

I’m unsure if we can do it constraints. I’m without my iPad so let’s allow others to comment. McD

1 Like

Could it be a solution to draw a line between the horizontal one and the center point of the circle, then:

1. Set the length of the line, so the distance between the circle and the horizontal line will be constant after moving each element
  2. Make it a construction line to avoid interfering with sketch fillings

Depending on your use case, Horizontal/Vertical and Perpendicular constraints could be a great addition between the horizontal and the construction line.

Or a simpler solution could be to select the line and the center point of the circle and set the distance between them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this works perfectly.