Clutter in features

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:
It is more of how Shapr3d adds new features every few weeks without adding clutter to the features, it is amazing to me that the additions are seamless, and appear to be so simple (I realize that making things simple is the hardest thing to do…….and making things complex is easy), and i realize that a great number of talented people have put in a tremendous effort to achieve this. I feel like not deviating the features from a manufacturing based software (this is an assumption on my part), thus avoiding trying to be all things to all people. My request would help the manufacturer based user not having to use software that is crowded with non-manufacture framework

My feature request is
To avoid features that clutter the software with fringe requirements that only a handful of users need, and concentrate on adding features that go to a broad range of manufacture subscribers. I took the time to read through the forum at feature request since 2016, and compared what Shapr3d has provided up until now, and i am amazed at the progression of your product……it is remarkable. My request i guess is to keep going in the same direction that got Shapr3d here.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
To be able to enjoy CAD for a long time to come…….this CAD software will allow me the tools to manufacture (I’m a general contractor, that also designs mechanical equipment for CNC manufacture).

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
Nothing, but i want to avoid it.

I renewed my subscription today (and it is the best value around…….i would gladly pay more)
, and want to wish all of you at Shapr3d a Merry Christmas!!!

1 Like

Hi @Zecnarf , we definitely don’t want to bloat Shapr3D. Is there anything that we added in the last 12 months that belongs to the “bloat” category in your opinion?

1 Like

Not at all………the direction of Shapr3d has been perfect, it was more of a thank you, along with my ramblings thrown in.

2 Likes