Converting DXF DWG file to SVG for Shaper Origin

Hi,

I found an app for iPad in which I can convert a DXF or DWG file to SVG so that I can use it in my Shaper Origin.
The app is DWG tools. However when converting a file from Shapr3D the converted sketch consist of every separate segment of the drawing and not a continued closed line. Shaper Origin don’t like that kind of a drawing. Is there any way to get a sketch in Shapr3D to be presented as a continued closed line?

Hello,
That sounds strange, can you please check if the drawing looks fine by importing it into Shapr3D before SVG conversion? If it seems to be fine, please take a look at Shaper Origin’s forum, where you may find some helpful articles: https://community.shapertools.com/
If you could send us the drawing and the SVG to support@shapr3d.com, I would be happy to take a look at it.

For any Shaper Origin users out there, you can now natively export to SVG from within Shapr3D. There is even an option to save your sketches as polylines, which will help avoid the continuity issue with @Petrho describes above.

We haven’t yet added support for Shaper Origins colour encoding for cut types, but meanwhile you should be able to easily manage this on the device directly while cutting.

You can access this feature from version 4.9 and can read more about it here: SVG Export local alternative - #9 by Seb_Shapr3D

3 Likes

This is really great news! :slight_smile: I will try it out as soon as I can.

1 Like