Creating charging docks?

Hello! I’m new to Shapr3D and absolutely love the app. I’m currently looking into designing charging docks for power banks and other electronics. I came across a 3D print file where someone had integrated a magnetic USB adapter into a charging dock, which inspired me.

I’ve been trying to find a guide on how to design a charging dock but haven’t had much luck. I think the biggest challenge is creating the perfect cutout for the product to fit snugly.

For example, I’d like to design a charging dock for this power bank so I can simply drop it into the dock when I get home: Amazon Link.

I’m mostly searching for tutorials or models that I can learn from. Does anyone have recommendations on how to make the attachment for the charging cable, or how to create a precise concave indentation that perfectly fits the shape of the object?

Hi and welcome !
Have you see the tutorial video shapr3D tutorials video ?

Yes. Have looked at them. Theres many. Do you have any in mind?

Start with the basics and get to know Shapr first is best.

Hi,
All you need is in this Video .
Now, you can choose a tutorial.

I’ll only add that if you are trying to print any kind of electrical enclosure or component, choose the filament wisely. I cringe when I see all the printable light switch covers out there, knowing that even a 0.50 plastic cover is UL rated for a reason.

(https://blog.prusa3d.com/the-new-prusament-gets-ul-certified-were-launching-a-new-self-extinguishing-petg_80711/)