Deepfligh submarine. USDZ export on the Ipad Pro

I finally found a workaround for the USDZ export, without having to go to my mac! :smiley:

I actually found a couple of workarounds.

1. Playground - Spase
Just remember to convert your shapr3d obj file to GLB first using something like OBJ to GLB Converter Online - AnyConv

Space.io viewer.
https://spase.io/playground?transfer=anyconv_com__shapr3d_export_2020_09_06_12h28m___1599390539293

USDZ
https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/spase-prod.appspot.com/o/usdz%2Fanyconv_com__shapr3d_export_2020_09_06_12h28m___1599390539293.usdz?alt=media

2. FORGER (from the app store)
ItĀ“s only 9.99usd to download.
It has USDZ export.

You could even use it as a rendering program by painting your models in it :wink:

https://apps.apple.com/no/app/forger/id459193659

3. Sketchfab (there is a monthly fee though if you want to upload more than 1 without makin possible for people to download it)

Original pictures from Shapr3d

5 Likes

Thanks for looking into this and sharing.

Best,

Tommy

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I look forward for the update where this is done in one export in shapr3d though :slight_smile:

But for now IĀ“m quite happy I donĀ“t have to go to my mac and use reality converter :smiley:

2 Likes

The update has arrived :slight_smile:

Anyone can quickly preview their designs in AR, and Pro subscribers can export to USDZ, which they can then use in other apps on the Apple ecosystem.

Looking forward to see what you create!

Awsome! Christmas came early :stuck_out_tongue:

I already LOVE IT ! Thank you :slight_smile:

How do you do the Vertex colors conversion though? Vertex colors are not supported by USDZ last time I checked :slight_smile: So I guess you did some magic there. I also see the models have a bit more shine to them and that Transparancy isnĀ“t exported.

Again, I already love how it is now and IĀ“m more than happy. The iceing on the cake though would be to have some controll over the colors/materials/texture (shine, metalness etc etc)
But I donĀ“t exptect to see this in the near future.

And a last thing :wink:
How about updating the settings for the Forum so one can attach USDZ files to show of our work?

According to the discourse team itĀ“s just some settings adjustments.

3 Likes

Fantastic idea @Vassi_solutions and we have now updated the forum settings to support USDZ file preview.

Now everyone, please keep the file uploads coming, show, and share your amazing 3d models here on our phenomenal Shapers community forum.

It Works. Thank you:)

I do however struggle with the usdz files from Reality Composer wich has .reality at the end and not .usdz

Do you think the same recipe works for .reality ?

2 Likes

No, it does not unfortunately.

3 Likes

Nice! We really need those g2 fillets :grimacing:

4 Likes

Hi Vassi,
How did you manage to have transparency in your usdz model?

1 Like

Last picture is a 3D rendering and not a USDZ :slight_smile:
I made it in a beta ipad app called Cadmio.

G2 fillets?:slight_smile:

Yes, g2 continuous fillets, so that the light would be reflected much nicer.

1 Like

where can i find that Cadmino app?

It was posted on the shapr3d user group on facebook by a JoĆ£o Miguel

1 Like

ā€¦ and G3.

Philip

And G :infinity: !!!:heart_eyes:

Jokes aside, g3 is a very hard problem. I know that Rhino can make something sometimes that looks like g3, but it rarely makes the designer happy. Are you actually using g3 surfaces? What is your use case?

I donā€™t need G3 continuity that often, but now and then I have a case (Iā€™m talking about product design - not cars and ā€œclass A surfacingā€) when G2 continuity isnā€™t smooth enough.

I can understand that. However, Parasolid can now do G3 fillets/blends (obviously supports degree 7 surfaces), so I guess itā€™s not impossible, but a question of priorities, right?

Iā€™ve never used, for instance G4, in any design (that I can remember), but G3 is something we/you need to have.

I donā€™t know why you would say that and where your information is coming fromā€¦ I guess I can read between the lines that you are trying to defend something you believe in (Shapr 3D and the Parasolid kernel) - which is great! Believing in what youā€™re doing is, of course, essential for all progress. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping that G3 fillets/blends would be included in your roadmap as well as those (promised?) surface modelling tools.

However, as you mentioned Rhino, I feel that I need to point out (as a user of Rhino for 23 years), that G3 (and G4) blends in Rhino are working perfectly fine in most cases and are absolutely not, well, as lousy as you make them soundā€¦ There are cases where the blend surfaces have more knots than needed and thatā€™s something that has been pointed out to the Rhino team - and rumours are that progress in this field is probably going to happen during the next development phase (V8) of Rhino. There are also already many surfacing tools for improving and ā€˜repairingā€™ a (too) complex fillet/blend surface. It just requires time (and skills) to do so. You could probably achieve better and more ā€˜automaticā€™ G3 blends in programs like ICEMsurf or Catia - but those programs cost a lot more than Rhino.

Alsoā€¦ If you think that a competitor isnā€™t doing that great in some area the challenge would be to make a better tool. That would make me happy :+1:

Philip