Do Shapr3D work on the Vision Pro?

Now that the Vision Pro is out. Is shapr3D supported as a 2D app?

Ofcourse you could run it throught the mac . But most ipad apps should work natively on this unless the developer opt out?

Also could you showcase Usdz files from shaprd3d on this?

And what can Shapr3D do with it in the future?

1 Like

You cannot install the iPad app on the Vision Pro. This is a bit sad. You can view USDZ files on the Vision Pro.

So shapr3d opt out?..… you should be able to use it through Mac though….

The Vision Pro can run most ipad Apps… but it would be up to the developer to check the box for it.

I suspect they opted out on the iPad version because the interaction model is intimately linked to using the Pencil which has no (actual) equivalent for the Vision Pro. In the meantime I guess the Mac version is the best route for the moment.

Guess again :wink:

6 Likes

As a Vision Pro owner, I’m anxious to hear more information about this.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Looks like I found my reason to buy a Vision Pro. Future of CAD right here.

I looked at that video and still have questions.

Will the Vision Pro only allow us to edit in Shapr3D without other hardware? Or will we still be using our iPad/pencil to work and just use the VP to see it in 3D space?

Yes.

No, just a Vision Pro, a keyboard and a mouse.

1 Like

Can we also use it with vision and finger input?

You can use the 3D view with gestures, and the 2D view with keyboard and mouse.

2 Likes

Wow that’s a really big deal imho. Thanks for clarifying it for us.

Please let us know how you find the experience.

If the Vision Pro has diopter adjustment for spectacle wearers, I think I’ll get one. The Quest 2 was a disappointment in that regard.

I just installed Shapr3D on my Windows 11 laptop and it works fine. I got the hang of the standard mouse etc. in minutes without having to RTFM.

I had put off installing on the laptop in case I ran into problems, but there was nothing at all to worry about.

Now I’m prepped for the Vision Pro. :slight_smile:

I certainly will! It’s not available yet as far as I know.

Not built-in. You order prescription (or reading glasses) inserts from Zeiss through Apple.

Thanks for that information, it’s very helpful.

At least the option is there for us, which is great.

It will only be available for enterprise customers, not the rest of us that pay. So don’t get your hopes up if that doesn’t include you.

I don’t own an AVP, but that response is crazy. While I do not know the numbers behind the amount of shapr3d enterprise consumers, it’s kind of disrespectful they are doing this to paying individuals who have helped them prop up this app over the past few years.

No offense intended to the devs and management, but while Shapr3d is good, it no where near WIDELY known or used such as AutoCAD and Solidworks in the engineering field. So… not quite sure why they are gatekeeping such a feature.

3 Likes