Shapr3D + Procreate 3D coloring

Hello Shapr3D team

I am currently testing Shapr3D (free trial) to see if my carpentry / interior design company will make this app part of our digital stack. I am testing:

[1] building a 3D model with workshop drawings in Shapr3D, then…
[2] Export this 3D model to procreate to paint it to have a nice 3D rendering with different finishing options.

Steps 1 and 2 is how our company operates and interacts with clientele, so this functionality is essential. I was unable to successfully paint my model in step 2 in procreate. Looking at the Shapr3D forum it seems others are having issues as well.

Does the Shapr3D team have a solution for this in the near future?

1 Like

We are actively investigating the issue with Procreate.

9 Likes

You can try out Cadmio instead of procreate
It works perfectly with shapr3d and gives nice realistic renderings…

Some downsides though:

• No custom materials or scenes (but they have a big and good stock library)
  • No AR or export files

https://instagram.com/cadmioapp?utm_medium=copy_link

But yes I also wait for the shapr3d. UV mapping issue to be resolved :slight_smile: Mainly for the AR benefit in Procreate

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. The customizability, AR, and export capabilities are essential at this point. It’s adds to the the ‘wow’ factor you look for when presenting to clientele. It would be nice to see Shapr3D play work perfectly with Procreate.

2 Likes

I’m sure their on it :slight_smile:

Personally I would really like Cadmio to get USDZ export since it’s really easy to add the materials and get a nice result.

Or if someone makes an app spesifically for USDZ materials.
Or if Shapr3d adds materials to the mix of usdz exports :wink:

I do use the shapr3d usdz export quite a lot. And it does give a functional and nice AR experience :slight_smile: . But I do miss the realism/customicablw that Cadmio and now procreate can give.

Thats why USDZ export with UV mapping would be great if Shapr3d can pull it off in the newrby future

You might not need Cadmio for long :wink:

8 Likes

@Laci_K :open_mouth::crossed_fingers:t2:

Thats just awesome

1 Like

Ooh… I like the sound of that :heart_eyes:

Is materials, textures, uv map/unwrapping and rendering coming to shapr3d? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: or atleast some of them + usdz with uv map export ^^

Yep, we are on it :slight_smile:

You can see some teasers in the latest article about us on engineering.com :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks promising :heart: :blush:Can you also export it as USDZ? And other formats?

Not yet, but as with other features, we will keep making it better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wowza! :star_struck:
The new rendering looks great!
Any timeframe on when we might see that?

The article was a nice glance into S3D and it’s mindset. Keep up the good work.

It depends on how development goes, but it’s deep in the works.

Best case we can give you some of the functionality this year.

4 Likes

What type of finishes will be available in Shapr3D? Particularly what type of wood finishes? Will users have the option to upload their own finish for rendering?

For start, we will provide a fixed list of available materials, which we will keep increasing. I expect at some point users will be able to upload and their own, but not at the start.

The list isn’t finalised yet, so I can’t give you an exact one, but expect a few of the most commonly used woods.

7 Likes

Thats AWSOME, I am looking forward for this <3

Really promising, any idea when it will be released?

Beta is coming in a few days :partying_face:, but no planned date for the actual release yet.

6 Likes

So nice! Any ways to be a beta tester?