Delete Sketches after creating a body

I don’t see this version (5.620) being available for the ipad yet. Does the ipad release lag behind the PC release? I checked in the app store but get no update. I’m running 5.603.0.6875. I thought Shapr was an ipad first app or used to be. (also posted this in the update thread) Thanks.

It wasn’t in the App store the first time I checked after seeing the release note. It was the second time. I do know different parts of the world might be staggered for release time.

1 Like

It’s released. If you’re not seeing it yet for download in the app store it’s probably still propogating through Apple’s app store servers.

1 Like

It’s not the servers but the approval process by Apple that slows down availability of updates.

Does Apple need to go through the approval process for every user or region? Because most of us had already downloaded the update before he said he couldn’t see the update.

I’m no tech expert but I do believe because of the vast array of regulations for each nation state and bureaucratic bs it can take some time for it to reach certain parts of the world.

I’m on the East coast of the United States fwiw. I even made sure my iPad iOS is up to date. Interesting that it hasn’t updated yet.

Mine didn’t auto-update, i had to manually go to the app store and search shapr.

I was just able to update. I went to the App Store again and all it said was open. So I clicked on the Version History link. Read about 5.620 and 5.621. Then when I left that window the app said update. Anyway I can now test the new functionality.

It merges all the sketches in the entire file?! It deletes all the sketches?
I thought I’d be able to select a body and just collapse that one.
I thought I’d be able to keep the sketches around after detaching from the body.
Maybe I’m missing something but losing all the sketches is less than ideal for my workflow. I still want to grab old sketches for reference or to make more similar bodies. This is interesting, I just wish I had more control over the extent of collapse and deletions. My files are big…vehicles or structures with many objects, parts, furniture.

You can keep the sketches.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t explore the feature enough and read the options. I can keep the sketches. This is a great update. Thank you.

Totally agree with what you said here, experiencing same situation, and really frustrated with this new update.

Got myself a new iPad pro (M4 chip, 8G RAM) 9 days ago, purely for Shapr3D (Was using 2020 iPad air) Experience so far: 1. Sometimes Lag when drawing line. 2. Crash or can’t load project (my design is complex anyway) 3. Can load same project in Laptop (Microsoft Surface Laptop, 8G ram) but not in my new iPad Pro! 4. Don’t feel any benefit of keeping all sketches and not able to delete it. (could it be optional?)

My project must be quite simple compared to professional users, even so, when my projects are relatively complex, it always takes a lot of time to load the sketch planes every time I open the project. It takes more than a minute to change the dimensions of even one simple operation, even if it’s just to change the dimensions of an item, and it takes tens of seconds for each operation to be completed, which takes a lot of my time. I’m sure this has only happened since the new update.

Hello
I think it would be wise to be able to choose if you want them attached or detached from the bodies

Is there a way to revert to a previous version on iPad or other software out there that doesn’t have this poorly implemented sketch function?