Hi,
somebody has an idea how to create such an organic shape in shapr 3D?
Thanks in advance!
I think Loft is the only reasonable option here at the moment.
and how would you design the guiding curve?
Well, this requires a certain degree of artistry. I’m not particularly good with organic shapes myself; I usually prefer working with things that have clearly defined dimensions and geometry, ideally with a proper drawing.
I could recreate a shape like this by eye, but obviously it wouldn’t be exactly the same as in the photo, since it’s difficult to determine all the curves from photos alone. If the model already exists in some form, even just as a mesh, then it can be recreated almost perfectly.
Yes, it’s a bit tedious, but the basic idea is to draw several profiles and create guide curves between them. This has been discussed on the forum quite a few times, and I’ve even shown some examples myself of how it can be done.
Probably one of the most important things here is connecting multiple guide curves properly. In most cases, it will only work if they are tangent to each other.
thanks for the answer. How are the topics called in which you explained the construction of the guide curves?
There are a lot of them, including ones from other members. I’d recommend using the search. For example, here’s one of them: