Combine loft and sweep tool?

So I’m looking to do a semi organic shape and the best why I can think of doing it is with a combination of sweep and loft. Idea being the profile will change from one end to the other but not in a straight line - so a sweep.

Eg changing a square to a circle or rectangle, but over a semi circle not a straight line

Any way of doing this? Or can we get a tool added to do this?

@Malicious
Welcome to the Forum
This is just my solution:

1. Sketch > Line/Curve and create the desired Curve.
  2. Add > Construction Plane > option Perpendicular to Curve at a Point.
    This will place the new Construction Plane at the end of the created Curve.
  3. Repeat 2 and move the Point to an appropriate place.
  4. As 3
  5. As 3
    You should now have something similar to:
    Note Selected/Highlighted for clarity.

1. Sketch the desired Closed Shapes on each of the Construction Planes
    Note it is essential to Tap with your Finger accurately on each Construction Plane prior to adding the appropriate Sketch.

You will now have your equivalent of your input, this is mine:

1. Use Tools > Loft
    Tap on each Closed Shape in order, commencing from either end, and the magic of Loft will produce:

Happy S3Ding :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello
I’m following the instructions here religiously, and I’m still unable to loft the shapes around my curve/arc…
Guide curve’s vertice’s incorrectly intersect with with profile vertices.

I created those shapes perpendicular to curve as instructed.

Any ideas for what is wrong?

Thanks !

Hi @Yoyozozo , looks like the guide curve is not on the perimeter of the lofted profiles, but the end points of the guide curve are in the middle of the profiles. Guide curves supposed to intersect the perimeter of the lofted profiles.

If [quote=“Istvan_CEO_Shapr3D, post:5, topic:5988, full:true”]
Hi @Yoyozozo , looks like the guide curve is not on the perimeter of the lofted profiles, but the end points of the guide curve are in the middle of the profiles. Guide curves supposed to intersect the perimeter of the lofted profiles.
[/quote]

Hey!
Thank you so much for your response !

If you go back to the original post from @glephine the profiles are in the middle of the curve and he was still able to loft like that.

Do you see what I mean ?

@Gelphyn sorry*

Hi Yoyozozo,

in November 2019 @Gelphyn did not used a guided loft as the feature was introduced two years later with the 4.10 version of Shapr3D (early September 2021).

So in 2019, it was for sure lofting by selecting the sketches one by one without selecting the center curve; the curve was only used to create the individual planes to sketch.