Diameter dimension not shown for scaled circle

How can I see the diameter of a scaled circle? The non-scaled circle shows the diameter, but the scaled one does not, and I cannot select two points to measure it. I’m trying to copy a doorbell mount that broke and want to make sure the chamfer is the same.

I don’t think Shapr3d will give it to you directly. The easiest way is to use a calculator… Shapr3d does give you the length of the edge which you know to be circumference, so take that value and divide by π . In this case, your diameter is 6.4748mm.

Hey Bob…thanks for the reply. I jut think that’s odd, because it’s still a circle. I ended up just lofting the two circles to make sure they were the right dims.

How did you create the conical circle? I just tried it using a chamfer and Shapr showed me the diameter of the top and bottom circles when selected.

1 Like

I tried scaling the circle, which definitely does not show you the diameter. Even more odd that it does when you chamfer it, but not when you scale…it’s still just a circle. It would be nice if someone from Shapr3D would chime in.

Jeremy, to ensure Shapr3D involvement, it is best to either use the Forum, or direct an email to Support@Shapr3D.com

Isn’t this the forum? Or do you mean the Feature Request forum?

Jeremy, my bad. You are correct. My apologies. I see so many requests on Shapr3D Facebook. I guess I got them confused.

No problem Tom…I appreciate the help. I know you, Tiger Mike and Bob3DPO are huge helps around here.

1 Like