5.70 - Diameter dimensioning is here

Hi everyone!:rocket:

5.70 is the last update before one of our biggest feature releases to date – accordingly, you’ll find a single fix in the latest edition of Shapr3D:

• Improved: Circling back to a popular request, we’ve now added diameters to help you track all your dimensions. Be it an arc, a full circle, or a cylindrical face, you can now pick whether you want to see the dimensions in radius or diameter – just look for the “Circular annotations” toggle on the Preferences screen.
13 Likes

D I A M E T E R :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:
D I M E N S I O N I N G :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

This has made a huge difference, I can’t thank you all enough!

:pray: :pray: :pray: I was losing all hopes…

Does that mean I can draw a circle and specify the diameter to define it. Or do I still need to use the radius and this is only displaying the diameter afterwards?

1 Like

@cstumpf750 you can now define a circle by diameter instead of radius if you like, the option to turn this on is in preferences.

1 Like

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I was a bit confused by the nomenclature you used in the announcement as it appeared to only apply to the generated drawings. I just had a chance to try it out and it works as I expected. So this is a case of better late than never as I’ve been asking for this function since I started using using Shapr3D about 3 years ago. I hope this is the beginning of a speed up of implementation of these type of functions.

I didn’t notice this. Thanks for adding the diameter selection :slight_smile:

Thanks for this update I missed it and have been cursing stuck in Radii
Again thank you for listening

1 Like