New Point to Point in Measuring Tool

I am trying the above new feature. Easy to use on a Rectangle block but I can not get this to work on a circle or something close to a circle. I can tap in the center of the circle and I get one point. I try taping on any edge of said circle; just does not work.

Hey Johngerard, thanks for your input!
Unfortunately there are no guide points on a circle, so point-to-point measurements can’t be provided. If snapping to a circular edge would have been enabled, the position of the point couldn’t be specified accurately.

1 Like

Bumer, Is there another way to show the diameter? Some times I see the diameter, I think on a plan circle, but usually not on an extruded circle. I usually only get the Circumference of the circle. Most of the time I need to know the Diameter. Rarely do I ever need to know the Circumference measurement. Currently I am trying to figure out why in Simplify3d v5 it is importing my model as 291mm when I thought my model should have been around 106mm. So I went back to Shapr3d to try to remeasure my part to see if it is user error. Although, I have reported this issue before. When I used CURA slicer. In CURA a part that I know should have been 5x or 10x larger imported as 5x or 10x smaller. I was told that .stl files don’t include dimensions. But .3mf files should contain dimensions and I tried importing a .3mf files but same issue. Very frustrating!

Hi @Johngerard,

Can you please open a support ticket with the problems you mentioned using the link below? Please send us the exported designs and the original Shapr3D files also, we are here to investigate the problems.

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,