Does anyone know how to label different portion of a 3D model in Shapr3D?

Hi all,

I drew a 3D model using Shapr3D which was so handy. But when I was trying to label different portion of this 3D model, I didn’t find that function in Shapr3D. If someone knows how to figure it out, I would much appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Have a good one,
Simon

@SimonWoo
Welcome to the Forum.
I am unsure of what you mean by

It is not possible to ‘label’ part of a Design, each of the latter only supports one Name/Title/Label.
If you mean that you have created a Design, and have called it ‘#### Part 1’ and later decide that you have modified ‘part 1’ to be come ‘part 2’ within the same Design and need to give it a different Name/Title/Label then the following may apply.

Return to Designs screen showing your Designs as Thumbnail views.
With your Finger Tap and Hold until ‘part 1’ is Selected, then choose the option Duplicate.
Using the ‘copy Design’ remove all that is not applicabl;e to ‘part 2’ and rename the Design appropriately.

If you wish to have ‘part 1’ and ‘part 2’ reunited in the same Design, you will have to Export the appropriate Design so that you can reimport it.

If this does not help please let us know.

If you’d like to manage parts of your design, use Items

Thanks for your reply, Gelphyn.
What I mean was to tag each part of the model in detail. Like when drawing a lamp, I would like to tag where a lock, a bulb, a shade is, respectively. more like a diagram. Hope you have a better understanding of what I was saying.

Thanks again.
Simon

Hi Zoli,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I would like to make a diagram using my 3D model. To tag each part of the model.

Best,
Simon

Hey Simon,

would you like to have a picture as an ideal output?

If yes, you can either use the PadOS markup tools after making a screenshot, or I saw other importing pictures to Graphic and Concepts for this type of work (from the screenshot tool, with a transparent background)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually, I would like to tag the model in 3D way so that I still know which part is which (with the respective labeling name) when rotating the model. Do you know if it works?
But I will try PadOS markup tools, thanks.

Gotcha - annotations, comments are not yet possible yet

Got it. Since I am just a freshman with 3D modeling, so I don’t know that much. Do you have idea about other softwares that can go with annotations or comments? Thanks.

Have to look into that - not aware of any

Gotcha - thanks for the heads up, and have a great day! :smiley: