Drag a shape by its center point?

How can I move a shape to a snap point by referencing and dragging by the center? Whenever I move the mouse to the center dot, the purple crosshairs appear and it only allows me to move what appears to be the rotation axis. I can’t figure out a way to get rid of the purple crosshairs and just be able to drag the shape itself.

If I could post a pic here it would be helpful but I don’t see a way short of uploading it and adding a link.

Are you talking about a body or a sketch?
You can usually freely move a sketch on it’s plane, but if its a body you should probably use the Translate Tool. You can’t really move it freely by its center, but you can translate it’s edges to align it to where you want.

I’m talking about a sketch on a 2D plane. Using Corel Draw for instance, I can grab any shape and snap it to a node by corner, centerline or center. With Shapr, when I try to grab the center node to move the shape, a purple cross appears and prevents me from moving the shape. I want to get rid of the purple cross and just move the shape by the center node.

To be more specific, I don’t have a problem freely moving the shapes. But I can seemingly only move them with the arrows, and when I do they rarely snap correctly. What I’m looking for is the ability to simply, cleanly and easily grab a shape by a node (center, centerline, corner, quadrant) and snap it to another node without the shape rotating. In corel I can toggle between these nodes and I just need to figure out how to do that with shape.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you tried the Align tool?

Oh I see what you mean now. Yeah you should be able to do that:

Double tap the sketch outline so the outline is highlighted (Or use the multiple select if its more than one sketch). Then you should be able to freely move it and snap its center to points or lines.

Here’s a video: Moving a sketch - YouTube